Free, yes FREE gas for our SUV

/ Free, yes FREE gas for our SUV #41  
I have never understood the "spending money to save money" logic. However, my wife says she not only understands it, that is her motto. Spend Spend spend. The more you spend the more you save.
I've stopped going to stores because I couldn't afford to save any more money. Because I had to spend so much to save.

Geesh, what a concept the marketing whiz's came up with. It sure works. At the grocery store we saw something 10 for a certain price. We only needed one, but my wife was going to get 10 of them so we could reap the savings. Guess what, the price was the same low price each whether or not you bought 1 or 10 of the item.

Last edited:
   / Free, yes FREE gas for our SUV #42  
we USED to get same thing at our local Krogers plus card got you 3 cents off per gallon, now you get points and 10 cents per $100 spent... not sure if this $ is off ANYTHING (say gas too?) or just food/goodies.? the speedway next door offered same thing (3 cents off/gal) + points earned on purchaces as well as free food/drinks when you buy 5 drinks/foods... now the 3 cents is gone, gas is $3.05/9 and no perks :( I used my speedy points to get 25 cents off per gallon max of 25 gallon purchaced. that is $6.50 saved. when I filled up the pickup, still cost me over 60 to get my gas. :( I think it is way beyond time for government to help out the little guy on this gas stuff. :mad:

mark M

/ Free, yes FREE gas for our SUV #43  
Don't look for any relief from the government. I think the government is getting exactly what they want. Almost everyone can admit that the high price of gasoline is causing us to use less fuel, or at least try,which in the long run leads to the purchase of more fuel efficient cars and the gradual phase out of gas guzzlers. Ride by any used car lot and look and see how many SUV's and Pickups you see compared to 5yrs ago. Mayby in 50 years we wont need the middle east at all like we do now.