freightliner diesel van

/ freightliner diesel van #31  
The Promaster comes with a 3.0 L 4 Cyl diesel option as well. At least in Canada it does. We looked at them a few weeks ago. Nice low floor, big payload numbers.
There is a local dealer advertising a diesel on the lot so they are in the US as well. I do not know how well they are selling and how happy or unhappy buyers are.

/ freightliner diesel van #32  
My 2001 E350 has been solid. it has over 200K on it now and only piddly ****. starter, alternator, a coil pack. Gas millage basicly sucks, but its got miles of room and hauls stuff better than any pickup ive owned. (i can stick 10' stuff inside without doing anything special)

Was thinking of upgradeing to the NV2500

2012-nissan-nv2500-front-left-view.jpg

its a "van" version of the titan. I like the idea of a pickup front end. ie not having to sit next to the engine and have no foot space, and being able to actually work on something under the hood.

/ freightliner diesel van #33  
I think the NV is the most comfortable platform of the new generation vans. I test drove a Promaster and found it to be very awkward to sit in. There was no where to stretch my legs forward. I'm 6-2" and it felt like I was sitting on the john behind the wheel. I did like that it was front wheel drive and the low floor, but the driving position was a deal breaker. The Sprinter van is notorious for rust, hopefully I don't have any issues as I plan to get rid of if after 36 months. The new Transit is very comfy to sit in but I'm still leery of a new release and not really sold on the ecoboost.

/ freightliner diesel van #34  
2010 and up with urea system can get costly. Constant check engine light and $1000 repair bills after warranty.
What you save in fuel you pay in emissions repairs.

The new 4 cylinder is nice, my friend has a new very low mileage high roof and just averaged 19 MPG towing an enclosed trailer full of furniture going 70-80 on the interstate, he was very impressed. He traded out of his 2010 because of all the emissions repair issues.

Regards, Fred

/ freightliner diesel van
Well i finally solved my problem. We found a E350 last nght the wife fell in love with. :)

thanks fo rthe help guys. We must have looked at 10 sprinters and some ford transits, and the smaller connects plus 2 econolines over the last few days.

/ freightliner diesel van #36  
Well i finally solved my problem. We found a E350 last nght the wife fell in love with. :)

thanks fo rthe help guys. We must have looked at 10 sprinters and some ford transits, and the smaller connects plus 2 econolines over the last few days.

Check the oil pan for rust. I had an E250 HD and had to change the pan when it was four years old. Two days of labor....

/ freightliner diesel van #37  
Interesting.

I dont think there is a single Sprinter (in white) here that doesn't have rust after a couple years. Corrosion protection on the Sprinter is a joke and really disappointing for a Mercedes. And its been that way since they came. Not like Mercedes is making improvements either.

Hmmm.... Yours are built in Carolina, ours in Dusseldorf (so not at the Mercedes headquarter in Stuttgart)

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/ freightliner diesel van
Check the oil pan for rust. I had an E250 HD and had to change the pan when it was four years old. Two days of labor....

We did, but it's probably safe, it's a 2014.

/ freightliner diesel van #40  
Hmmm.... Yours are built in Carolina, ours in Dusseldorf (so not at the Mercedes headquarter in Stuttgart)

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I understand it, the Cargo Sprinter is only "re-assembled" in South Carolina for tax purposes. Actual production is in Germany. So it's Ze Germans who are responsible for the lousy corrosion protection.

From your link

The USA cargo version are reassembled from kits in an assembly plant located in Ladson, South Carolina, while the passenger models are imported directly from Germany.

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter was built in Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Düsseldorf and Ludwigsfelde production plants.

The Dodge dealer network for Sprinters is limited to certified locations (known as "Business Link" certified dealers, usually only awarded to "Five Star" certified dealers), and dealer knowledge is still limited in both sales and service. Special orders typically take one to three months for delivery, and may take even longer due to the assembly and dis-assembly in Germany, and exporting parts to South Carolina for re-assembly. The exception is passenger van models which are assembled in Germany and exported as complete vehicles