Front axle guards for BX2200?

/ Front axle guards for BX2200? #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
I've seen threads regarding a skid plate for the BX, but haven't seen any threads about guards for the front axle/power steering arms. I used my BX and bush hog to clear old logging trails last week on one of the farms I hunt, and tore one of the rubber boots on the power steering apparatus. I'm hoping to fabricate guards for each side to keep this from happening again. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

/ Front axle guards for BX2200?
Thanks SPYDERLK! That will work great!

/ Front axle guards for BX2200? #4  
No kidding!! Mine tore a little while ago and I am leaving them alone until they get play in them. I replaced my neighbors because his was really worn. When mine get worn and I buy new ones, I will definetely buy radiator hose to protect them!!!

Deano

/ Front axle guards for BX2200? #5  
I started tractoring with a BX2200 5 years ago and currently have a BX2350 so I'm a BX lover but....the reason I traded my BX2200 to a B7800 4 years ago was because of the ground clearance. I'm not saying trade for one injury but to help people decide between a BX or a B tractor. The main difference is the ground clearance. The BX can eventually do almost everything the B can do but the ground clearance difference is still there.

/ Front axle guards for BX2200?
I installed my radiator hose this morning! Now I just need to find the time to shield the belly to protect the hst fan. I've seen plenty of posts about doing that.

John, I would absolutely love to trade up, but I don't think I will be able to convince my wife that it is "needed" for a few more years. I'd loooooove an L5030HSTC with all the goodies! :)