Front end blade for a tractor?

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
On a website dedicated to older tractors I saw a Ford Tractor with a bade attached to the front of the tractor. The blade was not a FEL it was more like a dozer blade. Does anyone have experience with this type of attachment? If so where can it be bought?

I often will turn a scrape blade around and back the tractor to push debris (limbs, rocks to heavy to lift but not boulders and dirt) out of a pasture. To do this I have to be in reverse. It seems that a blade on the front of the tractor would do a good job with this work and it seems like it would not be as obstructive to being able to maneuver in tight spots.

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #2  
Years ago we had a JD 6030 with an OEM push blade. It was a rigid mount so it was either on or off. Nothing like the quick attaches of today. I think that tractor came from the midwest and I've never seen another one with a blade on it since. This was probably mid to late 70s. The blade was identical to a dozer blade except IIRC it was only two way, up and down.

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #3  
Years ago we had a JD 6030 with an OEM push blade. It was a rigid mount so it was either on or off. Nothing like the quick attaches of today. I think that tractor came from the midwest and I've never seen another one with a blade on it since. This was probably mid to late 70s. The blade was identical to a dozer blade except IIRC it was only two way, up and down.
Same here. We a deere one on a 4020. That deere blade was made for deere by Degelman (sp). I found this out later when we bought another for a 1486 to push silage with and it was identical but had degelman decals on it. A closer look at the deere blades identification plate confirmed it. I still have one of the blades in the briar patch. They served their purpose clearing brush, pushing downed trees out of fields and moving dirt from time to time.

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #4  
I know you can buy them for the little kubotas. My old boss had one. I thought it was for plowing snow. He had a bx25. It wouldn't be hard to make, if I remember right, it fit in the front bumper the same as the fel does, and attaches back in the middle of the tractor the same way also. The the geometry of the arms were different. He could angle it while plowing.

Last edited:
   / Front end blade for a tractor? #5  
Are you looking for something like what they use in India? Or a blade mounted on a tractor with front 3 pt hitch?

Here is a picture from the stuff they use in India. It uses a subframe coming from the middle of the tractor I believe.

Agrovision Red Tractor Front Dozer & Blade, Model Name/Number: A-TD8, | ID:  14521522873

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #6  
I also saw some that used long push bars that clamped onto the rear differential axel housings.
With a small electric winch to lift that would be simple to DIY and would be very rugged.
Would double as a mini 'doser' only limited by traction.

Because of length of push bars it would not be marketable due to shipping costs.

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #7  
I had one at one time for one of my AC 440 tractors. They are extreemly hard on wheel tractors, even the big 4x4's. serious blades go on crawler tractors. Even smaller ones put major stress on the tractors. As for rear 3-pt blades----thats a whole different game! --no way you are ever going to get enough traction in reverse to damage your tractor.

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #8  
On a website dedicated to older tractors I saw a Ford Tractor with a bade attached to the front of the tractor. The blade was not a FEL it was more like a dozer blade. Does anyone have experience with this type of attachment? If so where can it be bought?

I often will turn a scrape blade around and back the tractor to push debris (limbs, rocks to heavy to lift but not boulders and dirt) out of a pasture. To do this I have to be in reverse. It seems that a blade on the front of the tractor would do a good job with this work and it seems like it would not be as obstructive to being able to maneuver in tight spots.

I built a front snow blade mount some years back

It is composed of a pair of push bars (3 inch round tubing) that go from the blade mount to the rear axle implement pads in two hitches. There is a connector plate at the mid mount implement pads.

The lateral strain is taken by a stout steel plate hung from the front implement pad.

I only wanted to mount this Western snow plow, but had looked at a straight dozer blade. adding hydraulic angle capability to a true dozer blade would be a real engineering exercise. Farm tractors are a bit light for that.

But, that western plow is some sturdy! I've pushed a lot of soil with it. Right to the limits of the trip springs.

The old Fordson is ready to go still. Chomping the bit for another winter. ;-)

/ Front end blade for a tractor?
Are you looking for something like what they use in India? Or a blade mounted on a tractor with front 3 pt hitch?

Here is a picture from the stuff they use in India. It uses a subframe coming from the middle of the tractor I believe.

Agrovision Red Tractor Front Dozer & Blade, Model Name/Number: A-TD8, | ID:  14521522873
That is nice. Nicer than what I have seen in pictures of old Ford tractors.

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #10  

It appears you can just order one! Shipping might be a bit spendy...