Front end loader for ford 3000

/ Front end loader for ford 3000
Y'all are all very helpful thank you. I did come across a listing near me that sounds great. The guy had a ford 4400 and his engine blew and he's parting out his tractor. He said he'd sell me his FEL and backhoe attachment all for $2400. Now will a 4400 FEL and backhoe fit my 3000?

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #12  
Y'all are all very helpful thank you. I did come across a listing near me that sounds great. The guy had a ford 4400 and his engine blew and he's parting out his tractor. He said he'd sell me his FEL and backhoe attachment all for $2400. Now will a 4400 FEL and backhoe fit my 3000?

I would buy and try it. And motify if needed. If not sell it

Yea I can't really see why it wouldn't work. Anyone else got some advice?

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #14  
Many years ago I bought this loader. I think it was off a Kubota or similar. Bit small but I managed to fit it OK.
I had to cut a bit off the loader cross bit on the frame to clear the grill.
Tractor is laid up just now untill I get motivated to remove the cover to change the hydraulic filters.

Duggie

Attachments

• IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 4,425
  • IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 363
   / Front end loader for ford 3000 #15  
Loaded tires aren't the proper way to counterbalance the FEL....that requires weight on the 3pt. Loaded tires are intended to improve traction. A properly balanced tractor with an FEL uses the rear axle as a fulcrum by adding weight to the 3pt....adding weight to the fulcrum does nothing to take weight off the front axle.

I agree that hanging weight farther out on the 3 point takes more weight off the front axle but you make it sound like adding weight to the rear tires serves no purpose.
Many loader tractors don't even have a 3 point so adding ballast to the rear wheels is the only option for improving traction.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #16  
I agree that hanging weight farther out on the 3 point takes more weight off the front axle but you make it sound like adding weight to the rear tires serves no purpose.
Many loader tractors don't even have a 3 point so adding ballast to the rear wheels is the only option for improving traction.

I said very clearly that adding ballast to the tires is intended to improve traction. It also increases stability by lower the machine's center of gravity.

Adding weight to the 3pt doesn't take "more weight off the front axle"...it's the only way to take weight off the front axle.

Adding weight to the rear tires takes zero weight off the front axle...and actually can slightly increase the front axle loading because it increases the total weight of the tractor. If the machine gets heavier, and there isn't any weight added behind the rear axle, the front axle loading will increase. People often argue this but people have proven it with scales, rather than theory.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #17  
and actually can slightly increase the front axle loading because it increases the total weight of the tractor. If the machine gets heavier, and there isn't any weight added behind the rear axle, the front axle loading will increase. People often argue this but people have proven it with scales, rather than theory.

This is entirely rediculous.

No, the loader and/or backhoe from a 4400 will not fit on a 3000.
A 4400 is a much heavier machine than a 3000, is longer and the loader attaches to side of the front bolster to bolt holes your 3000 does not have.
Notice the very heavy straight front axle and different style of bolster on the 4400 in the photos.
The loader from a 4400 would crush your 3000 front end rather quickly.

100_2124.jpg

100_2126.jpg

Well that sincerely sucks, I haven't been able to find either for my tractor.

If anyone has some advice on where I can both for a 3000 let me know. And how do you determine if an attachment will fit a certain tractor? I also found a Massey ferguson 2375 backhoe for $2200. But I just don't know how to know figure out if something will fit my tractor.

Last edited:
   / Front end loader for ford 3000 #20  
deleted post - Ultra dog thanks for the incompatibility points.

Although the earlier mentioned factory ford loader is a ways distant at least it will fit.

Starting to wonder how long the wait will be until a compatible FEL that is local and meets your price point will show up??

Owning a 3000 It is hard for me to say this- But
It may make more sense to sell the 3000 and look for a tractor with a loader already included... Preferably a 3400 or 4000 series
Now If you have the time to wait, tools and mechanical skill then i would keep looking for a loader.