Front end loader for ford 3000

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #21  
deleted post - Ultra dog thanks for the incompatibility points.

Although the earlier mentioned factory ford loader is a ways distant at least it will fit.

Starting to wonder how long the wait will be until a compatible FEL that is local and meets your price point will show up??

Owning a 3000 It is hard for me to say this- But
It may make more sense to sell the 3000 and look for a tractor with a loader already included... Preferably a 3400 or 4000 series
Now If you have the time to wait, tools and mechanical skill then i would keep looking for a loader.

This makes a lot of sense. I just bought a really nice little 4610 SU for bush hogging and around the farm chores. I already have a 1720 with a FEL so the SU sans FEL was a good option for me. The previous owner of my 4610 purchased it in 91 and in 94 bought a Massey Ferguson 253 with FEL for haying on his cattle farm. He told me that if his 4610 had a FEL he would have never bought the Massey. Patience is your friend but my past experience finds compatible FEL's that come available on Craigslist are few and far between. Good luck.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #22  
The BH has arms that are separate from the loader. They run from the rear axle to just under the nose cone. This saddle is what the BH sits on. I'll snap a picture of them later today. If your handy, buy the 4400 and rebuild the engine. You'll have one heck of a machine if you can take on a project like that.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000
I believe I found one. Ad says the front loader came off ford 3000 and will fit 4000. Says front hydraulic pump required. My hydraulic pump is on the left side of engine next to the oil filter, would that work?

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #24  
I believe I found one. Ad says the front loader came off ford 3000 and will fit 4000. Says front hydraulic pump required. My hydraulic pump is on the left side of engine next to the oil filter, would that work?

It would but it would be really slow and a waste of time. Your main hyd. pump on your tractor is only 5gpm. The Ford loaders, 730 & 735 use the loader frame as an oil reservoir with a 17gpm nose pump. The nose pump is about $400 new.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #25  

If you could post some good detailed photos of it we could help keep you from making a bad deal.
The only loader I know of that was sold specifically for the Ford 3000 And 4000s was the 772.
It was a good loader.
It could have been run by a stinger pump run off the front of the crankshaft or it could have been run off the tractor's onboard hydraulic pump (the one you're referring to).
Keep in mind if there is no front pump and controls or if you do have the remote hydraulic valves under your seat to run it it can be costly to add those things.
Also, your onboard pump only has about a 4.4 gpm flow rate so while it will make the loader function it will not be very fast. A front mounted pump will have a flow rate somewhere in the 11 - 20 gpm range and will make your loader operate much faster.
I'm not sure how much you know about all this stuff so forgive me if I sound patronizing.
But if we knew what you planned to do with your tractor/loader we could help more. I mean, are you planning to go into the sand and gravel business? Just want to move some mulch or wood chips around? Lift engines and parts into trailers?
Want to excavate for a basement?
Do you have power steering on your 3000?
Also, do you have another tractor?
How much of your need for a tractor requires a loader? 10%? 50%? 100%?
You do know that adding a loader will make your nimble little tractor a behemoth, yes?
For things like mowing, plowing or discing a loader on it will make it very cumbersome.
Especially if you don't have power steering.
Also, if your tractor is just a straight 4 speed it will be very fast for loader work.
The 6 or 8 speed transmissions are much better suited for loader work.
For what it is worth, I have 3 tractors but none of them have a loader.
For 15 years I have gotten by pretty well with a back blade, front mounted snow plow, rear scoop for hauling rocks, moving dirt and mulch and a boom pole for lifting heavy objects.
For some things those implements are not nearly as good as a loader.
But all of these implements can be quickly attatched or detached leaving me with my nimble little tractor.
Lastly, did you know that the wishbone style front end on a 3000 is not real heavy and not real well suited for constant loader work? A loader will wear out center pivots, spindle bushings, tie rods and steering boxes rather quickly.
I have a real good Ford 772 loader here that I've never mounted because I hate to mount it on my 3000. Kinda shows you what I think of loaders on tractors that were not specifically made for loader work.
Sorry this got so long.

Well, there are various things I could use a loader for. Right now I'd use it to work on my driveway hauling dirt and rock. I wouldn't mind doing side work if I got good enough but I know my 3000 isn't designed for that. But I haven't really seen a backhoe for less than $15k. I've been able to move quite a bit of dirt with my box blade. Yes I do have powering steering. And no I don't know much about tractors. I know I can't put a backhoe attachment on my tractor without quite a bit of counter weight. The things I want to do might be better suited for a backhoe, don't think my 3000 is cut out for it.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #27  
Your tractor would do it.
A Ford 3400 was the exact same tractor except it had a heavy non adjustable front end.
The photos are of that axle.
I had it on my 3000 for a while but then changed it again to an LCG front axle.
The 3400 was the smallest machine that could come from the factory as a TLB.
They were called grave diggers as a lot of graveyards used them due to their handy size.
Part of the package included a heavy cast iron pan to beef up the chassis.
I found a youtube video of a 3400 too.
Again, this tractor is identical to yours except the 3 point was probably deleted, the sub frame for the hoe added and the heavy front axle and pan.
I still have that front axle here that I'm not using but LA is a long way from MN.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR7OaYRSe1g

100_05901.jpg

P6290018.jpg

P6290001.jpg

So your saying I could change out my front axle with what you pictured and I could run a FEL/ backhoe? If I did that could I use the FEL off the 4400 or just the one off the 3000? What's involved in changing out the axles? I do not have professional tools. Not saying I couldn't do it, I love learning new things but I don't have $20k worth of tools. And I'd live to rebuild that 4400 but it looked pretty stripped. The backhoe was attached to the back and all I saw was 4 wheels and a steering wheel. So pretty much it is stripped to the axle.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #29  
If you wanted to build a TLB out of your 3000 then you would want an axle like I showed and then get a Ford 730 loader. 730 would be sized right.
They are pretty stout loaders. See photos.
No you still couldn't use the loader off of that 4400. It's just too big. Sure, if you had a torch and welder you could cobble it on but there's better ways to spend your time and money.
A 730 is no picnic to mount either by the way. I helped a buddy install one on his 3000 and even with an overhead crane and a forklift it was a bear to do without scratching the tin all to heck. It is a very tight fit.
Maybe if you lack the tools and equipment to do a big job like that you should just keep your 3000 for mowing and plowing and such and look for a TLB that is already set up.
The 730 photos are below.
These first photos show the difference in size and girth between a 3400 and 4400.

Here is a 3000/3400 rear end. It's actually a 3400. I parted this one out some years ago and kept the front axle.

ford34009.jpg

Notice the much heavier, bell shaped rear axle on a 4400.

100_2106.jpg

This is a 730. It would bolt right onto your 3000 but your front end is a little light.
It has it's own pump and controls.

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

That's a picture of the loader, looks just like the one y'all are showing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,842
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 980
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,623