Front end loader pin replacement

/ Front end loader pin replacement
I had one pin break on my M59 loader. Considerable wear probably from lack of lubrication from previous owners.

Agree the pins are the designed economical weak link. Replaced 4 pins at the ssqa. Reduced some of the slop. The loader does have replaceable bushings. Haven’t tried replacing bushings yet. Have a few more pins to replace.
Thanks Smokey
What's ssqa?

/ Front end loader pin replacement #12  
   / Front end loader pin replacement #14  
IMG_1245.JPG

Think as the pins wears it flexes the pin more at the weakest point of the grease groove.

/ Front end loader pin replacement #15  
Any thoughts to replacing the pins alone which would be relatively simple and quick?
Just saying that has cursed any chance of then coming out easily.

/ Front end loader pin replacement #18  
I believe the cost of the four pins was ~$44 total. A few dollars more for new zerks. That was all the inventory the dealer had at time for those pins. Easy to replace. Just few 0.01”s wear in several joints makes inches of play at the cutting edge of bucket or grapple.
Moly grease is recommended for loader pins.

/ Front end loader pin replacement
I believe the cost of the four pins was ~$44 total. A few dollars more for new zerks. That was all the inventory the dealer had at time for those pins. Easy to replace. Just few 0.01”s wear in several joints makes inches of play at the cutting edge of bucket or grapple.
Moly grease is recommended for loader pins.
I find pricing for Kubota parts unpredictable
Fortunately once in a while things are reasonably priced

Which grease are you using?

/ Front end loader pin replacement #20  
is the play in the pins or the rams themselves?