Front end loader pin replacement

/ Front end loader pin replacement #22  
I find pricing for Kubota parts unpredictable
Fortunately once in a while things are reasonably priced

Which grease are you using?

My grease strategy is evolving.
First, TSC premium red for all. 22 year old Woods RD7200 finish mower, >2000hrs with original spindle and drive shaft bearings been a good test. Added their, TSC, 3%moly grease for loader and bh pins and bushings. Poor performance in cold weather and dry so looking for something else. A premium 6% moly grease should be better. Recently bought a case of Lucas Extra HD grease to try. As I have downsized in recent years and like to have one grease for all if possible.

I’m sure there are better grease gurus than I that could offer better advice.

/ Front end loader pin replacement
My grease strategy is evolving.
First, TSC premium red for all. 22 year old Woods RD7200 finish mower, >2000hrs with original spindle and drive shaft bearings been a good test. Added their, TSC, 3%moly grease for loader and bh pins and bushings. Poor performance in cold weather and dry so looking for something else. A premium 6% moly grease should be better. Recently bought a case of Lucas Extra HD grease to try. As I have downsized in recent years and like to have one grease for all if possible.

I’m sure there are better grease gurus than I that could offer better advice.
Agree- I dont want to have to think about what grease goes where
No cold weather here options are unlimited
Biggest driver for me is price/performance

/ Front end loader pin replacement #24  
Nice that the industrial Kubota loader has replaceable bearing inserts, which are not expensive at all from a bearing supplier. I don't know of any non-industrial CUT loader that has these inserts. They are usually made of some amalgam of steel and bronze, and sometimes, teflon.

My aftermarket backhoe attachment does have them, and I have replaced them on the main boom pivot. Not easy, but it saves the pin, and boring/reaming in the field is much harder to do.

When I bought my tractor, there was no available QA for my loader, so I undergo the tedious effort of FEL implement change-over 2x/yr, and that forces me to clean out each pivot before re-inserting pins. Tho I grease plenty, cleaning them out keeps my wear minimal at nearly 1000 hours.

Attachments

• sleeve_bearings.jpg
    sleeve_bearings.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 44
   / Front end loader pin replacement
Just priced the four pins in question
Over $100 which unfortunately is pretty much in line with Kubota pricing