Front end loader stutters badly while raising.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #21  
One more thing and an important one, if you have quick connect hydraulic connection for your loader, take them off and reconnect them, even if they look and feel ok. Very common they don’t hook up quite right and I have had the symptoms you describe.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #22  
My JD 5105 front end loader suddenly started "stuttering" while being raised. The 3-pt hitch is also doing it. The hydraulic reservoir is full. However, the hydraulic fluid has never been changed. Could that be the cause? Why so sudden? Hydraulic pump???
why in the world wouldnt change oil or filter ever? then wonder why it isnt working right...
oil..filter and check screens if any. run for a few days and refill again with new.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #24  
What kind of fluid did you use. JD makes a low viscosity hydraulic fluid and a “regular” one. I read on another forum where someone was having problems and they switched to the thicker fluid and it fixed it.

That low of hours it’s possible the pump is bad but not likely. I’m not sure what your tractor looks like but with mine you remove a short hose to pull the suction screen. On mine it’s hard to get the hose out of the way. This hose is known to crack and suck air. Could still be water or contaminated fluid also. I’m just guessing at this point but my gut reaction is your getting air in the system somehow.
I am not sure which fluid, but will check in the morning. As for the oil screen its below the PTO. If I open it , that will drain a gallon or so of oil with it.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #25  
One more thing and an important one, if you have quick connect hydraulic connection for your loader, take them off and reconnect them, even if they look and feel ok. Very common they don’t hook up quite right and I have had the symptoms you describe.
Thanks will do that too. BTW I did use it today with the grapple and got no chatter. Will see if it comes back with the bucket

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #26  
Sorry been MIA but with the bucket after a little use, the dump feature gets the chatter. The grapple with the 3rd function works fine. Curl seems a little weak. I am thinking its time to rebuild those cylinders.. any other thoughts?

3ph arms dont have any issues going up or down.
It has a hard 950hrs now

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #27  
"Dump feature gets the chatter"

Do you understand the regenerative feature on the dump circuit? If so, might that be a cause of the "chatter" ??

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #28  
Do you understand the regenerative feature on the dump circuit? If so, might that be a cause of the "chatter" ??
yes sir, been over that feature in another thread

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #29  
yes sir, been over that feature in another thread
And does it affect the chatter when using it as intended?

Pls add link to that other thread, as this one just changed to the dump circuit, not the lift. tks

Last edited:
   / Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #30  
One trick to cleaning hyd screen without draining oil. Put a shop vac in the filler tube, turn it on, pull plug, remove screen, put plug back in turn vac off. Clean screen & do it again to replace it. You will loose a few drops of fluid, but not much.