Rake Front mounted landscape rake

/ Front mounted landscape rake #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
Has anyone ever mounted a landscape rake on the FEL. I was thinking that if you made a quick tach plate to mount on the rake in place of the TPH and rotate the blade 180 deg. You could use the FEL like a hyd. top link and wach what you are doing without getting a stiff neck. I did a search but didn't find anything.

/ Front mounted landscape rake #2  
I don't see why you couldn't do this, but then you would be tracking up the nice finish, where if it's on the back it covers your tracks.

/ Front mounted landscape rake #3  
I modified a TSC 3PH quick hitch to fit my FEL. This allows me to use many of my 3PH attachments on the FEL. Here is a picture of rake mounted on FEL.

/ Front mounted landscape rake #4  
ronjhall said:
I modified a TSC 3PH quick hitch to fit my FEL. This allows me to use many of my 3PH attachments on the FEL. Here is a picture of rake mounted on FEL.

nice pic

How did you mount the plow to the QA plate?
Nice job.

/ Front mounted landscape rake #5  
Here is a picture of the modified QA. I have a Kubota Quick Coupler that is a pin type QA. Checkout other photo's in my Photo Gallery.

/ Front mounted landscape rake
Ronjhal, That is exactly what I was thinking about. How well does it work. Have you tried turning the rake around and use it going forward. Is there any thing you would do differently.

/ Front mounted landscape rake #7  
Hooked_on_HP said:
Ronjhal, That is exactly what I was thinking about. How well does it work. Have you tried turning the rake around and use it going forward. Is there any thing you would do differently.
In the picture I had just dug out a stump. Then filled in the hole. Did not want to take BH off. With the rake setup like in the pictures there were no tire tracks left in the soil.
I have turned the rake around with no problems. But did not like the tire track left when job was completed.
Would not change a thing. I also put my boom pole and box blade on the hitch. Back blade I have is to heavy for the FEL.

/ Front mounted landscape rake #8  
I have a York brand rake for my ATV I converted to use with my 3pt hitch. Not bad on the rear, but the FEL put too much weight on the rake and bent the horizontal cross plates. I really liked having it on the front. I think I will have to buy a heavier duty rake to get the results I am looking for without damaging the tool.

The rake was one intended to be mounted on the unit towed behind the ATV. It works great there, but I really like to pick it up to clean out the junk without getting off the ATV. I also don't like having to drive in circles with the ATV.

I don't have pics, but I have a unit for my A/Q fron and 3 pt that allows me to use 2" receiver tube. The rake is bolted to the tube and the tube inserted into the units.

Mike

/ Front mounted landscape rake #9  
Look at my post from yesterday or this youtube.
Grading a Steep Driveway in NH White Mountains - YouTube
I've been doing this since the 80's on skid steers, small articulated loaders, Massey 1230, Honda 4wd 4 wheel steer, 20 HP Mahindra, two small Yanmars, a Kubota L35, L48, B26, the BX 22 shown in the video and my new L45 that I use for larger commercial work.
When grading a driveway or subsoil it helps to run over what's been graded to achieve as much compaction as possible. And my experience (of over 50 years in the trade) is that front mounting allows a much quicker final grade for topsoil because the front mounted rake allows the operator to GRADE as he would with a dozer rather than many more passes with a rear mounted attachment that actually reduces soil tilth. I often backdrag my front mounted rakes to clear wheel tracks after final grading topsoil.
Here's another video of the first attempt this operator had at trying his had at my B26 with a 6.5' commercial grader/rake.
Dan from T School at Phillips - YouTube

Last edited: