Front Snowblower

/ Front Snowblower #1  

kbn70

Tractor
Kioti NXz6010 HST CAB
So those of you that have the Front Snow Blower - how hard is to to remove the loader and attach the snowblower? Does it get easier over time or any tricks? Really looking for a rear one but having problems finding one near me with the hydraulic chute option. It might be my only option at this point due to supply chain issues.

/ Front Snowblower #3  
IF you set the loader on LEVEL ground then it is a piece of cake. The hard part is putting the harness on for the blower. It is heavy. First attempt should take two men about an hour to do.
I don't know if it is any different than on my CK.

/ Front Snowblower #4  
I have been doing the change for 8 years now. One thing for sure you will have to get a mid pto installed to run the front blower.
First time was the hardest as I had no clue how to and tried to install it all in one unit which was a mistake you have to break in into 2 pieces the harness and the blower
2nd year had a few friends help me and got it done in about 45 minutes.
Like mentioned taking loader off on level surface makes it easy for one man to take it off and installing it again.
As for the harness I found the easiest to get the first pin in and the second one just slips in. I use a small floor jack to lift harness in place and hook up the hydraulic hoses.
Once harness is on you just drive up to blower and hook it up which is very easy and then hook up the shut hydraulic hoses and you are done
Forgot the drive shafts lol
Today I can install the whole thing in less than an hour with a friend.
Best investment I have ever made was in the front mount blower.

/ Front Snowblower #5  
Here are a few pics of the front mounted blower and attachments

Attachments

• kioti 1.JPG
    kioti 1.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 344

Attachments

• DSCF2123.JPG
    DSCF2123.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 271

Attachments

• kioti 011.JPG
    kioti 011.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 1

/ Front Snowblower #6  
So those of you that have the Front Snow Blower - how hard is to to remove the loader and attach the snowblower? Does it get easier over time or any tricks? Really looking for a rear one but having problems finding one near me with the hydraulic chute option. It might be my only option at this point due to supply chain issues.
I built a wheeled dolly for my front snowblower undercarriage. It holds it at the correct elevation so installation and removal are relatively fast and easy.

/ Front Snowblower #7  
Yes that is a good idea but my machine is kind of low to the ground as I can only slip a 2x4 undercarriage and even then it is pretty tight when you drive over it. Good idea to have a dolly.

/ Front Snowblower #8  
Hello, this is my second year installing the front blower on my nx4510 hst
It was trial and error the first year as I had no manual, no hints, and no help.
It took me a few hours to get the undercarriage mount attached. The pins only go in from L side (looking from front) What I did this year and now plan to do from now on is set the assembly in garage floor on a piece of staging (6x6) right on the pivot point. I measured from floor to rear pin hole and shimmed it to just below the measurement. Pull tractor over top of it and from the front push down on assembly and slide L or R until the rear pin tube is aligned with the rear holes and put a 2x4” or similar object under to hold it there. Go around to where you can reach under and jockey it until the pin slides through. Next turn wheels to the right for clearance and put a floor Jack under front of assembly and lift until front pin tube is in position and install front pin from L side.
It was a piece of cake. I did it alone in less that 45 min. Good luck

/ Front Snowblower #9  
After three years of fighting with the blower and getting stuck (ditches hide under snow banks) and having to get towed out and the blower getting jammed up with heavy wet crap, I changed to the FEL for plowing snow, with a back blade for windrowing it. That system works good for my needs.