Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering

/ Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering #11  
Parking brakes on or off? With enough ballast in the back and brakes on, it can somewhat recreate the effect of a locking diff. That's also a trick used in off road where the 4x4 truck doesn't have a diff lock.

/ Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering #12  
My diff lock sticks once in a while and I can tell immediately because the front tires and the tractor slide straight ahead even if the tires are aimed completely to the left or the right. Sometimes I just need to reverse for a second to disengage it. Very rarely do I need to go back and forth more than once or twice. It only happens though, when my big clod-hoppers accidently hit the control button. It sounds like the external lever is disengaged but the button on the transaxle is sluggish popping back out.

/ Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering #13  
Just turn the BH to the Left or right and lift the tire off the ground. Then try and go fwd, if it does then you are locked, should just spin.

/ Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering #14  
were the front tires lifting off the ground due to the weight of the backhoe and just not engaging the ground? or did the steering wheel not turn.

/ Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering
were the front tires lifting off the ground due to the weight of the backhoe and just not engaging the ground? or did the steering wheel not turn.
Steering wheel turns.

I'm leaning toward a stuck differential lock.

/ Front wheels pushing into ground, not steering #16  
Have you found the cure for the problem yet?