FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS

/ FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS #11  
Captinjack,
Thanks for the reply. I'll try seeding again this weekend. The reason for the turnips...I wanted to give the deer an added incentive to use the plot during Spring and Summer. Get them used to being there for food so they'll show up in Fall season.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you have a compression release? If I do, there is no mention in the manuals and I don't see any switches or actuators.)</font>

I thought I remebered reading something about the compression relief? Might have been somewhere else? However, I found nothing on the tractor that resembles one.... so I presume not. Have never had the need arise to use it even if there is one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You'll have fun up at your property with that tractor!

/ FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS #12  
CaptainJack I have the KM454 ... almost the same as your tractor. It is about 1.5 years old now. My model has compression release. Sitting in the seat (on mine) below the dash (between foot and knee level) there are two black "pull knobs" the one in the right is the fuell kill (to stop the engine from running) and the one on the left is the compression release. .... Scozz

/ FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS #13  
Scozz,
That's right. I have those 2 knobs on the KM554 also. The right one being the kill switch but the left one on mine has been disengaged...it pulls nothing. Upon delivery, the dealer could not tell me what it was for other than "maybe it's the old hood release" but the hood release is up front.

So I'll have to look at mine this weekend to see if it IS the compression relief knob and if it should be attached somewhere. Maybe Chip can tell us on the KM554 what that left knob is...used to be?

/ FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS #14  
The compression relese is located on the rear of the engine up by the valve cover ... I'll try to take a picture and get it posted for you. I also modified the lever on mine to make it easier to pull with one hand, I'll get a picture of that also .... Scozz

/ FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS #15  
Under what circumstances would you use the compression release valve?
During starting?
During operation?
While working on the motor?

/ FROST SEEDING FOOD PLOTS #16  
Sorry to get off the subject guys. I will post some pics next week of my foodplot in the Sequoia foothills.
Scozz, could you PM me when you get a chance?
Thanks,