frozen clutch

/ frozen clutch #51  
Just hold clutch down and crank it in gear. So put it in neutral first and let it warm up so it will start easy. Ride it around varying the throttle until it pops loose. Happens all the time around here. No biggie.

/ frozen clutch #54  
it was my grandpas tractor and i just want to make him proud and get it runing

Fair enough, but your grandpa would not be so proud if you hurt yourself, or further damage the tractor using unsafe techniques to halfa$$ a repair. Your grandpa will be proud of you for a safe and proper effort more than the outcome of a really not correctly fixed tractor!

/ frozen clutch
Fair enough, but your grandpa would not be so proud if you hurt yourself, or further damage the tractor using unsafe techniques to halfa$$ a repair. Your grandpa will be proud of you for a safe and proper effort more than the outcome of a really not correctly fixed tractor!
yeah I'm sure he would be proud I have done a lot of work on the engine I took the tank of I have replaced parts im running really low on money now I don't have the money for much more I can spend

/ frozen clutch #56  
what spell check do you use
Candidly, I don't know as this computer as well as my wife's are both administrated by our Cousin in Illinois. He loaded all the stuff on here, I just occupy the keyboard. I do know he's running Trend Microservices as the firewall however. That is about it and I'm sure he custom tailored that as well. He's the geek in the family.

/ frozen clutch #57  
Most tractors I'm familiar with all have a drain bolt in the bellhousing to remove water and / or accumulated fluid from leaking engine or transmission seals and as a reference, I remove mine and drain it every oil change. Of course I don't have a clutch or pressure plate, only a damper disc in there but I still monitor what comes out to see if I am developing a seal leak or not.

/ frozen clutch #58  
I have done a lot of work on the engine

Okay, but with the clutch seized?

Regardless, do good quality work, within your budget. If you're low on money, that's understandable, but not a reason to do unsafe or unwise things...

/ frozen clutch #59  
This. If the tractor has been sitting for ten years, and for that period, either not considered worth the effort to keep running, or properly preserved, it'll need more than just clutch work! There is no point in following potentially unsafe or damaging home made tricks to sidestep the need for proper maintenance. It's really never worth half doing a job dangerously.
Your view is typical when people inter conversations about hobbies they have no interest in. Some people prefer wearing new cowboy hats while driving little foreign made tractors. Some would rather wear ball caps and get dirt under their nails as part of owning old domestic machines. One has little to no interest in the other and thereby don't qualify jn passing judgment on the other. That is true of ANY HOBBY you can name. Hunting is fraught with danger but millions do it despite millions of others attempting to ban the pratice for the benifit of all mankind. As we speak,someone is pulling a rusted out,80 year old car out of a ditch with plans of spending more on it than a new one cost's. The fact a cut from rusty metal might result in tetanus or they might be crushed beneath the car doesn't deter them.

/ frozen clutch
Okay, but with the clutch seized?

Regardless, do good quality work, within your budget. If you're low on money, that's understandable, but not a reason to do unsafe or unwise things...
sometimes the unsafe way is the best way to stay within the budget