frozen clutch

/ frozen clutch #41  
The usual fat finger, no spell check post. Lots of that today. No one takes the time to proof read anything. That includes billboards and newspaper articles as well.
And do you put some thought on your posts or just write whatever your fingers put out, spell check and send it? Because most of them borderline troll and pretty much just serve to increase that post count.

/ frozen clutch #42  
And do you put some thought on your posts or just write whatever your fingers put out, spell check and send it? Because most of them borderline troll and pretty much just serve to increase that post count.
Look at who is calling the kettle black.... Been here a lot longer than you have, consequently my post count is higher though I've never made 'poster of the month'. From what I see, you do your fair share of trolling as well.

/ frozen clutch #43  
Tractor has been sitting 10 years he might as well split it and be done with it

This. If the tractor has been sitting for ten years, and for that period, either not considered worth the effort to keep running, or properly preserved, it'll need more than just clutch work! There is no point in following potentially unsafe or damaging home made tricks to sidestep the need for proper maintenance. It's really never worth half doing a job dangerously.

/ frozen clutch #44  
1) The brake cleaner or Vodka are solvents. Sometimes the rear oil seal leaks in tractors and contaminates the clutch disk. The oil turns to a very tacky grease causing the pressure plate and the clutch disk to stick together. As solvent can clean part of this mess and bring the clutch back to a usable condition. Tying the clutch pedal down or blocking it down while parked will also help. However, the proper fix is to replace the rear seal and clutch. Solvents will do little for a rusty clutch.
2) If the clutch has set for 10 years, rust is probably the problem. Some of the ideas presented are pretty extreme. I would never chain a tractor to a tree. You can break something that way or injure someone. I like the idea of using an implement such as a plow to create drag once the tractor is moving. Even if you get the clutch to break loose, you will never get it to engage properly due to the rust. Proper repair is to replace the clutch.

If we are talking about the 8N you have listed in your profile, it is such a basic tractor, and small, that separating the tractor should be doable.

/ frozen clutch #45  
1) The brake cleaner or Vodka are solvents. Sometimes the rear oil seal leaks in tractors and contaminates the clutch disk. The oil turns to a very tacky grease causing the pressure plate and the clutch disk to stick together. As solvent can clean part of this mess and bring the clutch back to a usable condition. Tying the clutch pedal down or blocking it down while parked will also help. However, the proper fix is to replace the rear seal and clutch. Solvents will do little for a rusty clutch.
2) If the clutch has set for 10 years, rust is probably the problem. Some of the ideas presented are pretty extreme. I would never chain a tractor to a tree. You can break something that way or injure someone. I like the idea of using an implement such as a plow to create drag once the tractor is moving. Even if you get the clutch to break loose, you will never get it to engage properly due to the rust. Proper repair is to replace the clutch.

If we are talking about the 8N you have listed in your profile, it is such a basic tractor, and small, that separating the tractor should be doable.
Last summer I bought a Yanmar YM2310. It had sat outside in the PNW for two years and the clutch had rusted to the flywheel. I got the clutch to start to slip by driving it in high gear. The clutch disc was still stuck on the transmission shaft. But after my son and I pushed the clutch pedal down a few hundred times it came free. The clutch was a little grabby at first but now works perfectly. It is very easy to feather.
Eric

/ frozen clutch
In layman's language,will you explain how pulling the tractor might unstick the clutch? Then if you will,please explain why it's safer if plugs are removed.
i think so it doesint start but im sure im wrong

/ frozen clutch
The usual fat finger, no spell check post. Lots of that today. No one takes the time to proof read anything. That includes billboards and newspaper articles as well.
i aint got time for that

/ frozen clutch
This. If the tractor has been sitting for ten years, and for that period, either not considered worth the effort to keep running, or properly preserved, it'll need more than just clutch work! There is no point in following potentially unsafe or damaging home made tricks to sidestep the need for proper maintenance. It's really never worth half doing a job dangerously.
im geting alot of stuff fixed on it it was my grandpas tractor and i just want to make him proud and get it runing

/ frozen clutch
Neither am I but I do have a built in spell checker if I want to use it.

I knew what you meant the whole time. Chain it to a tree and drive away with the clutch pedal on the floor.
I do but I don't like it because if I spell the word the it turns it in to rat I don't know why but it does