/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #32  
I like the idea of getting rid of the horses, wish I could talk the wife into it.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #33  
If getting rid of the horses is a no-go, then the next best thing to do is move where it doesn't get so blooming cold.

Where I grew up the average low in January is 0 degrees F. My land here in Texas? Average low is 33. Not much freezing to worry about down here.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #34  
Thinking about this issue it occurs to what might be happening is a matter of convenience gone awry or volume.

Likely the backhoe is sitting near the horse barn or paddock and the horse dung is just getting scooped up and dumped in. So it can be moved somewhere later.

If this is the case, get a large rubber livestock tub/trough and leave it sitting in the loader bucket. That way it will still get to where you want it and it wont stick to any of your backhoe parts. If you get an oval one you can throw a strap on it if your worried it might get bumped out on the way.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #35  
Wife wants a horse; would need to purchase new property. I don't know much about horses but have heard two things about them.

1) 100 years ago, everyone had horses and only the wealthy had cars. The reverse is true today (except those that are "horse poor").

More importantly to me:

2) Horses eat money and $hit work.

No thanks, I'll stick to my Harley's and current ten acres.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #36  
I was moving some clay with my front end loader a few days ago and forgot to clean it out before freezing temperatures. This morning, I parked it in the sun, turned the bucket over and threw a tarp over it. I will check later and see if that warmed up enough to make a difference.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #37  
Wife wants a horse; would need to purchase new property. I don't know much about horses but have heard two things about them.

1) 100 years ago, everyone had horses and only the wealthy had cars. The reverse is true today (except those that are "horse poor").

More importantly to me:

Good horses are expensive. Garbage horses are cheap, or even free. Problem is, they both eat about the same amount of hay, need about the same space, and generate about the same amount of horse apples. You used to be able to get rid of "garbage" horses by sending them off to slaughter houses. Since you can't do that anymore, junk horses are everywhere. Plenty of folks are trying to get rid of junk horses, you may find some for "free".

Good horses are much harder to find, and they're not getting any cheaper.

Depends on what you want, and what you want to "use it" for. Lots of folks just "use" them as lawn ornaments. So a free "junk" horse would do. If you're wanting to get into breeding, that gets expensive pretty fast.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #38  
So nobody answered the question of why women/girls are so mesmerized by horses.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #39  

More importantly to me:

I'll give you a third one: horses start at a 20yr life span, and like dogs, the smaller the horse the longer they live. Miniatures live 40+years.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #40  
So nobody answered the question of why women/girls are so mesmerized by horses.
That’s not something a group of male viewers can answer... and the OP hasn’t tuned in since you asked.