Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #12  
two_bit_score said:
Ahhh the White Elepant!

On of the few paces in Texas where you can buy a beer on the sidewalk and walk away drinking it.

My true colors have shown my real intent for going to the stockyards

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #14  
two_bit_score said:
Wouldn't have anything to do with girls in tight Rockies either would it? :cool:

That doesn't hurt either, but then my girlfriend would have to stay home. What's funny is the first time I went there was with my dad. He use to go there when he was young.

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #15  
Oh Charlie! It's not PC to call it the "Fat Stock Show" anymore. Fat was banished from the name when it became unfashionable. Now it's just the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. We can't have all those cattle being embarrassed because we call them fat.;):laughing:

Jim,I have a hard enough time with PC, but after all these years it will always be the Fat Stock Show to me. Maybe it's that Generation Gap thing that no longer just sneaks up on me, but smacks me right between the eyes.

Charlie

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #16  
Mesquite, doesn't have the white elephant. Haha

Ron, the White Elephant may be my favorite bar in the world, and I've been in a few(Navy). It's the most comfortable for me, and I've had some fun times in there, and scooted a boot across the dance floor to the juke box with the Missus more than once.

Charlie

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #17  
Oh Charlie! It's not PC to call it the "Fat Stock Show" anymore. Fat was banished from the name when it became unfashionable. Now it's just the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. We can't have all those cattle being embarrassed because we call them fat.;):laughing:

I wondered just when they changed the name. When I was a kid in the 4-H club, I used to show hogs at the Fat Stock Show in Ardmore, OK.:laughing:

My wife and I went to the Stock Show in San Antonio in 1994, but we've never gone to the one in Fort Worth; seems the weather is usually just not suitable.;)

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #18  
I wondered just when they changed the name. When I was a kid in the 4-H club, I used to show hogs at the Fat Stock Show in Ardmore, OK.:laughing:

Bird, I agree with you and Charlie. It's hard for me to call it anything but the Fat Stock Show. It seems to me that it was about 10 years ago that they changed the name about the time that lite beer and lite everything else became all the rage. Maybe one day they'll call it the Fat Free Stock Show.:laughing:

/ Ft. Worth Stock Show/ Rodeo 1-13 to 2-4, 2012 #19  
Bird, I agree with you and Charlie. It's hard for me to call it anything but the Fat Stock Show. It seems to me that it was about 10 years ago that they changed the name about the time that lite beer and lite everything else became all the rage. Maybe one day they'll call it the Fat Free Stock Show.:laughing:

Now that's funny right there JIM! Wonder how long it will be when you go to the cattle section and the kids can only call them just "Angus", or "Baldy"! PC is ridiculous and well STUPID. I guess even a Hereford cant be called "Polled"