Oil & Fuel Fuel Leak L3430

/ Fuel Leak L3430 #1  

AB4D

Silver Member
Tractor
Prior: Kubota BX-23, Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23, L3560 HSTC Limited Edition, Current: L6060 HSTC
I discovered that my new (5.1 Hours), L3430 had a fuel leak. A hose on the engine either came disconnected for some reason, or the tractor was delivered this way. I haven't purchased a service manual or parts book yet. Can anyone on TBN identify the part in the photo. Fuel Leak

I reconnected the hose and this seems to have fixed the problem but I just want to know what the part does that was connected to the hose.

Thanks

Jim

/ Fuel Leak L3430 #2  
Jim,
I can't say for sure what it is in your photo but it looks to me like Either a bleeder to help bleed air from the system after a filter change (or running out of fuel) or a small hand pump to pump fuel to the main fuel pump after a filter change (or running the system out of fuel).
Don't take my word for it, I'm making a best quess here /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Fuel Leak L3430 #3  
That is the air bleed screw. I have a L3430 and when you clean the filter or otherwise run out of fuel you open the bleed screw counterclockwise and start the tractor. Run it for a minute or so and close screw. This bleeds out the air from the fuel system.

I would make sure is is closed tight clockwise. It may have a loose fitting you could thighten them.

ksmmoto

/ Fuel Leak L3430
Thanks to the both of you for the information.

Jim

/ Fuel Leak L3430
The saga continues.....

I used my L3430 today and once again the bleed line came off /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I re-attached the line, but this time I let the tractor run about 1800 rpm while I observed the line. It seems that the line slowly gets pressurized (I guess about 10-15 psi) and then works its way off of the valve. After the pressure is relieved the line just slowly drips fuel. This line is cut just long enough to reach the bleed valve without any slack whatsoever, so this could be a factor.

Does anyone know if this line is supposed to get pressurized?

Jim

/ Fuel Leak L3430 #6  
AB4D:

I don't think so. You need to make sure that the handwheel is tight and you also need to check your fuel cap to make sure the vent is open.

/ Fuel Leak L3430
Daryl,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I checked both the handwheel on the valve (its tight) and the fuel tank but there was no pressure in the tank. I suspect that the other end of the line may go to the fuel rail/line, but I am not sure. I am going to order the WSM tonight.

Jim

/ Fuel Leak L3430 #8  
AB4D:

My 5030 was the same as yours (pump set up and lines), but the M9 is all different and for the life of me, I can't remember where the line goes. I really feel bad about you having any problems.....I was one who encouraged you to get the tractor and you aren't having the best of luck.

I know this is no consolation, but, I never had any problems with any of the 7 Kubota's I've had with the exception of the blown ac hose on the 5030 and a popped hydraulic cylinder on my 3710.

/ Fuel Leak L3430
Daryl,

Don't feel bad, I'm sure its just a minor glitch and I find that I like the tractor even more with each use. I just hate to send the tractor back to the dealer to fix something that appears to be so minor. I ordered the work shop, parts, and electrical manual for the tractor tonight. Once I study the WSM, I should be able to diagnose the problem. Furthermore, after researching all of the part numbers, I discovered that my dealer did not give me the manual for the cab /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, (I didn't even know there was a manual for the cab), so I also ordered the cab manual.

Jim