fuel leak.

/ fuel leak. #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi all, gravelman here.. my Kubota 2650, 2016 year is leaking fuel somewhere under the tank. ONLY when running. Cannot find the source despite close inspection. Took to repair shop. It is a significant leak also. Anyone out there with some possibilities?? Don't know when they can get to it so i thought id start researching possible cause. Did not see any hoses or lines loose or disconnected. Hoping it is a simple fix but that is usually not my luck Thanks

/ fuel leak. #2  
Could be the return line going into the top of the tank leaking, then running down the side of it, making it appear that the leak is on bottom of the tank. That would explain it leaking only while running at least.

/ fuel leak.
ok im not familiar with "return line" what role does that play?? keep in mind, im no mechanic but WILLING TO LISTEN

/ fuel leak. #4  
It is a line that returns unused fuel from the injection system back to the fuel tank. Would have to pull up the parts manual at least to see exactly how your's is set up.

/ fuel leak.
Ok i will look into that THANK YOU VERY MUCH

/ fuel leak. #6  
No problem man, been workin' on tractors my whole life. Glad I could help.

/ fuel leak. #7  
I had to replace all the hoses (fuel lines) on my JD 6415. They started to leak at the fittings where the clamps were. Not enough line to cut them shorter. I used Gates Baricade hose. It comes in both high, and low-pressure versions. High is for fuel injected cars/trucks. I used low.

/ fuel leak. #8  
Just looked it up since I was curious. I'm assuming its a B2650 since you said 2016 model. Yours has two lines goin' into the top of the tank. One from the top of the fuel filter, and the other goes from the rear most injector. May get lucky and able to trim off the broken part of line and reattach to get back goin' right away.

/ fuel leak. #9  
Is it similar to L2650 fuel filter / tank setup in the photo below?

If so, it should have two fuel return lines and should be easy to spot the leak.

Kubota L2650F (2wd) Parts

Fuel Return.png

/ fuel leak.
all very helpful and much appreciated. yes, it is a B2650 thank you