Fuel/operational issues

/ Fuel/operational issues #1  

deejhdmec

Tractor
Kubota bx23s
BX23s starts and idles normally 5-10 minutes ok, loss of power moving will idle up then down 816 hours changed both fuel filters cleared fuel tank vent line, bled air at inj pump still the same condition.

/ Fuel/operational issues #2  
Have you hecked for full flow of fuel at the input to the pump ?

/ Fuel/operational issues #3  
Maybe a plugged fuel tank breather?? Try leaving the fuel tank cap loose to see if that makes a difference.

/ Fuel/operational issues #4  
I'll paste here what I said on another thread about the very same problem a couple of days ago: (some redundant of course...)

Search this forum (and the Orange one) for threads on this topic. There have been MANY posts, comments, solutions, etc. The usual response is to pull loose the fuel line right before the pump and make sure you have free flowing fuel there. A fairly common (though I still think it obscure) cause of your symptom is an obstruction in the fuel tank. Leaves or an old bottle cap or who knows what gets lodged against the fuel outlet in the tank and prevents flow. Others mention vacuum in the tank cause by plugged vent in the fuel cap (which can happen with gas engines too of course.) That is the easiest to check for by just taking off the fuel cap and see if it runs OK or not. After the easier stuff has been checked, unscrew one of the injector fuel feed tubes and see if fuel is squirting from that tube and whether it KEEPS squirting after a while.. All these things can be a little confusing because it does run in the first place and the culprit may take a few minutes to get proven, thus making it hard to be sure. Just keep chugging and you will eventually narrow it down.

/ Fuel/operational issues #5  
I once had wax globs partly blocking the fuel tank outlet. Too early in year for that, but could be some other debris that is too big to go down the line but just lying over the tank outlet.

I had to siphon the fuel out and then use a grabber tool to get the wax globs out. Would work for anything else, too.

/ Fuel/operational issues #6  
BX23s starts and idles normally 5-10 minutes ok, loss of power moving will idle up then down 816 hours changed both fuel filters cleared fuel tank vent line, bled air at inj pump still the same condition.
Most likely cause is restricted fuel flow. As one of the other poster said, check the fuel flow as close to the injector pump as feasible. You should have a continuous full delivery of fuel. If the flow dribbles or is intermittent, you have a restriction somewhere between that point and the tank. The usual culprits are the tank outlet strainer, pinched or damaged fuel lines, crud in the filter head, clogged fuel filter(s), clogged screen in the lift pump (if you have one) bad lift pump, etc.

Your engine may run until the supplied fuel is less than the "required to run" fuel flow which is greater than the system fuel supply rate and then will die. It's not uncommon to have an engine have adequate fuel flow to idle but as soon as the throttle advances it dies. If you have air at the injector pump that indicates a fuel delivery problem. Sometimes blowing back on the tank to filter line with compressed air will help temporarily clear a clogged tank strainer.