Fuel Prices!

/ Fuel Prices! #1  

AndyR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030HSTC, Farmall SuperC
Just filled up the truck yesterday and diesel was about $1.85/gal. First time I can remember it being more the regular gas. Word is that the government is buying up the kerosene stocks for jet fuel. The prez. and his buddies just keep raking it in ... Fortunately, I had purchased off-road by the barrel for the tractor and there is still plenty of that.

/ Fuel Prices! #2  
<font color="blue">"...and diesel was about $1.85/gal..."</font>

And....it'll likely go much higher in the near future. But...not to worry....we'll soon be over in Iraq, capturing those oil fields, ablaze or not, and by the end of the summer or autumn we'll be on a downward price path....but, at what cost? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

....Bob

/ Fuel Prices! #3  
I went out Saturday to fill up my new 30 gal. barrel. I stopped at the first station and it was 1.69. I thought, no way. So I drove 8 miles to the next one. It was 1.79! Nextstore was a station that had it again for 1.69. I filled up. Yesterday I got a home fuel oil delevery 1.70!

At least I won't have to worry about it for the rest of this winter. Although here is the forcast for central NH for the next 2 days!

Dangerous wind chills as low as -35F. Low -11F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Tomorrow: Partly cloudy and windy. Dangerous wind chills may approach -35F. High 2F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.

Tomorrow night: Clear to partly cloudy skies. Dangerous wind chills as low as -45F. Low -19F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

BRRRRRRRRRRR!

/ Fuel Prices! #4  
Looks like all the fuel is going sky high. The first of this year, I paid $1.339 for gasoline, last week it was up to $1.479 and this morning The Dallas Morning News says it jumped another dime yesterday in this area with some stations now as high as $1.819 for regular.

/ Fuel Prices! #5  
AndyR,

Greenspan said that there is a spike in demand due to the
cold weather. Course fears about a war in Iraq are driving
up prices. Venezula's political mess is adding on as well.

Diesel prices are about 1.67 in my area. Up about 20 cents
over the last few weeks.

I found a website that had the state taxes on fuel. NC was
something like 27 cents a gallon. I happened to run into a
web site that had commodity prices. Unleaded gas was
going for 1.03 or there abouts per gallon. So for my area that
seems somewhat reasonable. I don't understand FL where
tax is about the same but they are close to 2.00 per gallon...

On another note. People alway complain about the price of
fuel. And for some people it is a real burden. I have to fill my
truck up today. I put in about 30 gallons every two weeks.
If the fuel costs have risen 20 cents a gallon, I'll pay 6 extra
dolalrs. Given what I pay on the truck and insurance. 12
extra bucks a month is a so what.... If I wanted something
that was REALLY fuel efficient, and my F350 is as good
or better than all my previous vehicles, I would be driving a
VW diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif But my F350 can actually do something
besides getting me from point A to point B. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Dan

/ Fuel Prices! #6  
I saw someone today with a bottle of water,20 oz., that they paid over a $1.00 for, complaining about the price of gas. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm glad my truck doesn't run on water. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Solo

/ Fuel Prices! #7  
Yea, gas prices are bad enough but water.....Now theres a racket!!!

Diesel fuel is a rip off as well. Farmers and truckers really got the short end of that deal. Diesel should be half was gas is. They jacked everybody in the 70's and never looked back.

We need engines that run on water! Hey its only a $1 a botlle.....LOL!!! Actually thats not funny. Anyway... burn the hydrogen in the water for fuel.

/ Fuel Prices! #8  
>>Diesel fuel is a rip off as well.

Well you can always order a load of #2 heating oil instead of diesel...its the same thing.

I confimed with my oil company who supply both my oil and my diesel (I have a 250 gal diesel tank), that if I call them up, and ask for 250 gals of diesel, and 250 gals of heating oil, it comes off the same truck, at the same time.

The difference in price is taxes only. Talk about a racket.

/ Fuel Prices! #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yea, gas prices are bad enough but water.....Now theres a racket!!! )</font>
Ever seen/bought/drank Evian brand water? Ever notice that Evian is "naive" spelled backwards? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mark

/ Fuel Prices! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( bottle of water,20 oz., that they paid over a $1.00 for)</font>

Once again, I'm probably in the minority, but I find it incredible that people actually buy that stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif