Fuel station - nozzle dusty

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #1  

S854

Silver Member
Tractor
‘67 MF 135 Deluxe / ‘22 Kioti CK2610 HST/Bad Boy ZT Elite 54”
I recently purchased a CK2610 HST… it was actually delivered yesterday… fun stuff… it has joined our growing tractor family (‘67 MF 135 Deluxe, ‘92 Craftsman GT 5000 and ‘65 Case 130)…

my question, however, is in regards to an older style 33gallon Fill-Rite fuel tank/pump I have on our property… (read: “all metal -- nozzle, pump, shut-off lever, nozzle holder”)

we have considerable wind here which stirs up the fine dust in the driveway… that dust is attracted to the diesel nozzle… I’m able to wipe the outside of the nozzle, but I’m concerned about the dust which settles on the inside of the spout…

obviously, there is a fuel filter in the tractor circuit and also one after the Fill-Rite pump (which does no good in regards to the dust in the nozzle)… the amount of dust inside the spout is miniscule… but it’s still there…

prevously I pumped the first shot of fuel back into the 33 gallon tank, then filled my tractor’s tank… not really keen on continuing this practice…

looking for ideas on how to keep this nozzle “dust free”…

I should mention we have young grandchildren around who are very good at being young grandchildren… the nozzle remains locked in its holder when not in use so I can’t simply “put a bag” over it… that would be too easy…

thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

P.S. here’s a pic of my new toy

0A8954FB-9478-4E0D-BF63-A1AD45BA79AB.jpeg

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #2  
Find something slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the nozzle and fashion a plug. I fashion a plug for my PTO connector out of a paper towel but you can get more elegant. For example if a piece of half inch PVC would barely fit into the nozzle a cap glued onto the end would keep the dust out and prevent the pipe from going in too far. Think outside the box.

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #3  
I made a holster for my diesel nozzle out of 5" vinyl firehouse. Works well in the back of my truck, easy on - easy off.
I doubt the small amount of dust is an issue, but there is also no reason to unnecessarily introduce any amount of contaminants to your fuel system or tractor.

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #4  
Just wrap a plastic bag around the nozzle when not in use. That what I do with my funnels; keeps them clean, and the bugs/spiders out too.

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #5  
Not something I get concerned about especially after having installed a Racor style fuel polishing unit between the tractor tank feed line and the primary fuel filter and the strainer in the fuel filler tube too.

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #6  
I use a spare hydraulic coupler cover on my filler nozzle. Fits snug on the 3/4" nozzle.

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #7  
In addition to dust, I've also had insects crawl inside the nozzle as well. Dust & debris also collects on the outside. As you say, wiping solves that issue if you have a rag handy and remember to do it.

I use these vinyl caps on the nozzle end. They protect both the inside and outside:

The 3/4" size is a good snug fit on my nozzles but measure first before ordering.

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #8  
I turned a piece of aluminum and cut groove for o-ring to fit in nozzle. Keeps things out and diesel from dipping on truck from transfer tank. I've got a 100 gal mounted in truck!

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty
Thanks for the ideas…

As I said… young kids in the mix and a tight fit in the locking Metal holster…

I’ll measure the I.D. and O.D. of the nozzle next time Out, then fashion/order a plug/cover depending on available room…

I’ve had this fueling system for about six months and have never looked “up” inside the open end of the holster once the nozzle was inserted… go figure…

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #10  
Used to be nozzlecondom.com but the site is dead. Neoprene gas station nozzle covers for toy haulers