Full figured 25hp Tractors

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #11  
Maybe TYM didn't list price on the configuration tool; Mahindra did; want to say base was $20k; plus $5,500 with loader and bucket.

Edit: Looks like a TYM 264 is around $18k; not 100% if that's the clone of the RK25, or if its the smaller model
The RK37 is a clone of the T374, I believe. The RK25 is a clone of the T25. (24.7 HP)

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #12  
7 years 0% down IS NOT 0% interest. If you do the math you are paying an extra $6500 over that $18k sticker just for financing (if the payment is $297/month for 7 years). That's a complete rip off in my book.
That probably includes "Insurance". KATAC was almost $200/month for my M4, no freaking way.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #13  
Then caught a look at the Rural King RK25. Now, what should I be comparing it too?

Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.

The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

RK25H is a Subcompact tractor. Bare tractor weight: 1,881 pounds.
Ground Clearance: 7.7 inches.

Five reasons owner/operators trade up from a Subcompact Tractor:
More tractor weight.
More FEL lift capacity.
Greater ground clearance
Three-range (3) HST rather than two-range (2) HST.​
(Lower LOW, Higher, HIGH) (Higher ground speed.)​
More tractor engine horsepower to operate wider PTO powered implements.

Last edited:
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #14  
I've got nothing but good things to say about my Kioti CK2610, but the Branson 2515h was a close second in my running.

20230126_130546.jpg20230420_162930.jpg

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors
Near me; we have 2 RK stores that sell tractors; TYM; Kioti; LS; Mahindra (seems it's a diffent dealer every few years, but consistently have one within 1 hour); Yanmar (sells mostly trailers and mowers); John Deer(mostly geared towards Ag tractors); Kubota (mix of small, ag, and construction); Massey Feguson. There is also one dealer that has some Bobcats too; but I think he's 90% Mahindra.

The used market; its primarily cash only; and 25-50hp good condition, 4x4, hydro, w/ loaders seem to be asking atleast full price as brand new.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #17  
If wanting to stay at 25hp, I would be considering the Kubota L2502, they finally upgraded the l2501 a bit.
A note on kubota tractors
I’ve owned several, have sold several
Every one I sold, I sold it for more than I paid for it.

Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.

The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

RK25H is a subcompact tractor. Bare tractor weight: 1,881 pounds.

Five reasons owner/operators trade up from a Subcompact Tractor:
More tractor weight.
More FEL lift capacity.
Greater ground clearance
Three-range (3) HST rather than two-range (2) HST.
(Lower LOW, Higher, HIGH) (Higher ground speed.)
More tractor engine horsepower to operate wider PTO powered implements.
Current L285 'should' weigh around 2230 lbs; plus water filled rears. Seems like it runs out of traction before it runs out of power with 6 ft box blade pushing; and runs out of front weight before it will stop pulling.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #19  
I have to go slow with a 6’ blower on the back
That's a pretty big blower for that sized tractor. But hey! If it works it works! 👍

I read the OP's questions and comments; but anything I had to add has already been covered.
The only brand I didn't see listed, but might warrant a look is LS. All of the brands mentioned are worth buying.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #20  
So, here is an LS subcompact tractor for info:

And a 25 hp 'compact' size:

IMHO, you definitely need to go see, sit on, and possibly try out multiple tractor brands. Right now, prices are still higher than they were just a couple years ago.

Don't fall for the "0% interest".... it's just added to the 'base' cost. If you wanted to pay it off early, you don't save anything on interest. Conventional financing, sure, you pay interest..... but, if you pay it off early or pay some additional, you definitely save on the interest.

Good luck with your search!