Full figured 25hp Tractors

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #31  
How do you like the R-14 or whatever tires? I've always used ag tires on tractors, and industrial on construction equipment.

Tires to me a terrain and use case dependent. We have R-1s on the farm tractor and I have R-4s on my L6060 which is a forestry management machine in the Rocky Mountains. I would never run R-1s in the mountainous, rocky terrain. R-4 is much wider, more stable on hills, and thicker ply so more puncture resistant. That's why they are usually more expensive.

That said R-1 if you really need traction (plowing, muddy areas, etc). I would not run R-4s in a field for farming activities if given a choice.

I am not sure of the thickness/ply rating on the R-14s but for me that would be the most useful info to decide.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #32  
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #33  
OP Branson as a Brand is going away. They were purchased by TYM a few years ago and now the Brand is phasing out. Right now they are still making the previous models under the TYM name, but with TYM also having very similar models I doubt they will continue making them both in the coming years. Something to think about. Personally I would just buy a TYM made/branded machine.

I would also recommend the same for RK. RK isn't a tractor servicing company. Yes they might have a mechanic at one of the sites...but they aren't going to be as good as a true tractor dealer/service location such as Kioti, Deere, TYM, etc. Personally I would stay away from them and just get a TYM.
There is a TYM dealer in my area who has recently begun promoting the Branson 2515H heavily. I don't think he was selling Branson before the merger, but he's really promoting 2515s now. I don't have any inside information whether TYM is trying to clear our Branson models or if they really intend to keep selling this particular model. But it looks like the TYM dealer has jumped in with both feet to sell them.

As for the 2515H, my impression is that it has really good loader capacity and hydraulics, but it's still a 25hp tractor when it comes to operating a rotary cutter. If the OP primarily needs loader capacity and not HP for mowing, then certainly the OP should consider that model.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #34  
TYM didn't have an equivalent in it's lineup, so I imagine the dealers are happy to have them.

I love that OP used the term 'full figured.'

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #35  
So, I've been wanting to upgrade my Kubota L285 2wd gear tractor for a while.

Kubota L285​

Dimensions
Wheelbase67 inches
170 cm
Length118.5 inches
300 cm
Width62.625 inches
159 cm
Height55.25 inches
140 cm
Weight2230 lbs
1011 kg
Ground clearance13.325 inches
33 cm
Engine Detail
Kubota V1500-A
diesel
4-cylinder
liquid-cooled
Displacement90.7 ci
1.5 L
Bore/Stroke3.000x3.234 inches
76 x 82 mm
Power30 hp
22.4 kW
Pre-heatingglow plugs
Rated RPM2400
Starter volts12
Oil capacity9.4 qts
8.9 L
PTO (claimed)
26.5 hp
19.8 kW

Last edited:
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #36  
There is a TYM dealer in my area who has recently begun promoting the Branson 2515H heavily. I don't think he was selling Branson before the merger, but he's really promoting 2515s now. I don't have any inside information whether TYM is trying to clear our Branson models or if they really intend to keep selling this particular model. But it looks like the TYM dealer has jumped in with both feet to sell them.

As for the 2515H, my impression is that it has really good loader capacity and hydraulics, but it's still a 25hp tractor when it comes to operating a rotary cutter. If the OP primarily needs loader capacity and not HP for mowing, then certainly the OP should consider that model.
This video tells the real story of the Merger. You might see TYM on some decals but Branson is still building them .

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors
So, that TYM/Branson 2515H seems like it is worth looking at. Also been watching/reading about MF 1526 and MF 1826E; gonna take a look at the L2501 on the Kubota pricing site, and see if that's in the ball park. I will say "scale" doesn't translate well in pictures/spec sheets. Weight and tire sizes do, though.
Of coarse I will also keep an eye out for used.

What is the equivalent size for LS and, I guess I should atleast check prices on JD.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #38  
This gives you a good scale of a 2515H . It’s not huge and not small either . It turns on a dime and works well in the woods . I did load the tires and have not had much trouble picking anything up.

Attachments

• 48E50C7D-25B1-4D90-8D9C-6479AED8B183.jpeg
    48E50C7D-25B1-4D90-8D9C-6479AED8B183.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 85
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #39  
This gives you a good scale of a 2515H . It’s not huge and not small either . It turns on a dime and works well in the woods . I did load the tires and have not had much trouble picking anything up.
It would be interesting if we could figure out a way to do a practical comparison of your 2515H and my L2501 from the viewpoint of actually owning and using them.

Comparison chart posted by a dealer: https://www.kenotractors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/2515R-2515H-Comparison-Chart.pdf According to the chart, the 2515 has a loader lift capacity of 2,200 lbs vs 1131 for the L2501. That is a substantial difference.

Also looks like the 2515 has a suspension seat and a fuel tank located at the foot rest area so no lifting 5 gallon cans up to the hood like my L2501.

Last edited:
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #40  
So, that TYM/Branson 2515H seems like it is worth looking at. Also been watching/reading about MF 1526 and MF 1826E; gonna take a look at the L2501 on the Kubota pricing site, and see if that's in the ball park. I will say "scale" doesn't translate well in pictures/spec sheets. Weight and tire sizes do, though.
Of coarse I will also keep an eye out for used.

What is the equivalent size for LS and, I guess I should atleast check prices on JD.

The equivalent LS is the MT225E; there is the smaller MT225S, that's a nice machine too. John Deere's offering in this market is the 3025E and 3025D; they're actually separate machines despite seeming so similar.

Also, still got to fly the flag here, the Kioti CK2620 (or CK2610 if you can find one) is worth a look.

Really, they're all respectable tractors, and it really comes down to which one you feel the most comfortable with. Be it physical comfort, or the comfort that comes with a good dealer.