Future of HVAC and industry supply issues.

/ Future of HVAC and industry supply issues.
Ran into similar with 2-stroke and diesel in my California county a city.

Even cranking over a 2-stroke brush trimmer is a violation...

I have a facility full of non compliant HVAC and current paying $1000 per work day for rental HVAC to cover surgical operating rooms... the industry here is paralyzed and no one can priced hard numbers or even a solid recommendation for my Carrier built up systems...

My package units are all gas packs and natural gas is next on the hit list.

Everything is suppose to be heat pump going forward... or all electric for my steam boilers.

Even my smallest hospital 150 standby diesel generator is on the hit list...

An irony is the HVAC rental Genset has a California Air District license to operate expired October 31, 2023...

The vendor has applied for emergency extension and this is the hoops jumping through that consume otherwise productive time.

Of course the Doctors and Operating room staff only care that environmental parameters are met for filtration, air exchanges, temp and humidity...

/ Future of HVAC and industry supply issues. #122  
Even cranking over a 2-stroke brush trimmer is a violation...
Seriously?

Keep in mind, I just got one car done for a state inspection yesterday in the next county over. The guy reminded me since I live in the county I do, he didn't have to do an emissions test for the inspection.

Seriously?

Keep in mind, I just got one car done for a state inspection yesterday in the next county over. The guy reminded me since I live in the county I do, he didn't have to do an emissions test for the inspection.

It's ironic because the law states public and private property ban yet Caltrans was out in force along freeway medians and the city got complaints but said public and private does not apply to state or federal property???

It's not all bad... I scored two free Echo Trimers... one like new neighbors put out for bulky trash collection... also picked up a Honda mower and Stihl back pack blower...

Maybe free cars are in my future with the already enacted bans on ICE auto sales on the books and ICE generators???

Last edited:
   / Future of HVAC and industry supply issues. #124  
The pecking order is cities can't regulate the state. State can't regulate the feds.

The pecking order is cities can't regulate the state. State can't regulate the feds.
and then there is California that tells the Fed what do do or ignores with impressive track record of wins from marriage to marijuana to emission standards writing its own law, boarders, etc..

/ Future of HVAC and industry supply issues. #126  
Seriously?

I have lived over 30 years in my current location and we have never needed so-called "state inspection" here but used to have emission check every two years, however even that was discontinued statewide two or three years ago.

My guess is it was discontinued since newer cars run so clean and there are not enough older cars in use to justify the program.

Who knows what next?

/ Future of HVAC and industry supply issues. #127  
and then there is California that tells the Fed what do do or ignores with impressive track record of wins from marriage to marijuana to emission standards writing its own law, boarders, etc..
The reality is California is such a huge market for manufactruers that those manufacturers have to meet what the state decides will meet their requirements, particularly in HVAC.

For better or worse, California in a round about way dictates what will happen with everyone else because of the money.

Personally, I would love it if HVAC manufacturers would say screw it, we aren't selling to you, but that will never happen.

Gas furnaces in HVAC as an example becuase there are gas furnaces that are only made for California (news flash, 80% gas furnaces will cease to exist because of Californina, and over time after I'm dead, I'm certain even 95% or higher gas furnaces will cease to exisit).

How many oil furnaces are sold in California? LOL

My own comment made me look. California leads all 50 states with the highest debt. Suprising enought, NY is second over Texas.

What my dad taught me growing up is never to be in debt. That said, perhaps debt on the state or federal level is different than personal debt.

/ Future of HVAC and industry supply issues. #128  
The nonattainment area rules in California have had an outsized impact in the rest of the USA for decades. However, it could be interesting if the rest of the USA just said we're not paying for California mandated stuff, and then California would be the one scrambling to find products to buy.

Nearly any state can pass the debt burden on to taxpayers in various ways except people can leave any state for another one with less tax burden. Harder to leave the USA entirely, but the dimwits may find the dollar going the way of the ruble.

The reality is California is such a huge market for manufactruers that those manufacturers have to meet what the state decides will meet their requirements, particularly in HVAC.

For better or worse, California in a round about way dictates what will happen with everyone else because of the money.

Personally, I would love it if HVAC manufacturers would say screw it, we aren't selling to you, but that will never happen.

Gas furnaces in HVAC as an example becuase there are gas furnaces that are only made for California (news flash, 80% gas furnaces will cease to exist because of Californina, and over time after I'm dead, I'm certain even 95% or higher gas furnaces will cease to exisit).

How many oil furnaces are sold in California? LOL

My own comment made me look. California leads all 50 states with the highest debt. Suprising enought, NY is second over Texas.

What my dad taught me growing up is never to be in debt. That said, perhaps debt on the state or federal level is different than personal debt.
Most counties also deep in the red with fees and taxes seen as the solution.

Honda has already decided not sell small gasoline product in California.

One executive said building to meet California is now detrimental to our world market and with California regs always changing we opt out.

/ Future of HVAC and industry supply issues. #130  
If I remember right all Diesel powered freight trucks will also be soon banned from CA, but not 100% sure.

Maybe someone here can educate us please?