Game camera recompilation

/ Game camera recompilation #1  

chucko

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx1800
My wife drives a school bus. Someone that has a key has been getting on it and plundering in her paperwork and stuff. We know who it is (another driver) but need proof to get something done.

Requirements
1. Black so it can blend in
2. IR so there is no flash (it is happening at night)
3 naturally digital who wants film anymore
4 40 foot range so it can be at the back of the bus and get someone at the front
5. cheep as possible and still able to take a clear pic ... Just in case it grows legs

/ Game camera recompilation #2  
I don’t think you can get any cheaper than the Wildgame Innovations cameras, $80 max for their IR camera. I picked one up on clearance for $50. Didn’t figure I was out much if it didn’t work well, but so far it’s not that bad. However, IR is not invisible. If they’re faced such that you could see their face in the picture, they’ll see the little red lights blinking. There are black flash cameras, but they aren’t as cheap, and I don’t know how “invisible” they are.

Last edited:
   / Game camera recompilation #4  
Reconyx has IR flash that is invisible to the human eye, but they are not cheap.

Get two cheap ones, one with visible flash (the decoy), and the other IR (the stealth). The perp will find the visible flash camera, steal it, and think he/she is safe. You will have the theft on camera from the IR.

/ Game camera recompilation #5  
Might be cheaper to change the lock on the bus. Maybe that is something the school district would help with.

MarkV

/ Game camera recompilation #6  
Our school has it manditory that all school buses have cameras. This has cut down on a lot of problems we were having. the only thing so that its not an invasion of privacy is that it cannot record sound.
School Bus Cameras provides; school bus video cameras, digital bus cameras, mobile video systems, digital car DVRS, mobile video DVR, bus camera surveillance, transit surveillance cameras, on board digital video cameras, digital taxi cab cameras, dri
was the first site that i found by searching for school bus camera

/ Game camera recompilation
Her bus also has cameras two of them but they only run for a short time after the bus it turned off in order to save the batteries (I assume)

/ Game camera recompilation
Might be cheaper to change the lock on the bus. Maybe that is something the school district would help with.

MarkV

Not an option each model year has the same key. This allows legit. use of the bus if the driver is off or sick and the run needs to be covered and makes it more practice when they are all at the shop for the summer or repairs so the poor mech does not have to hunt for a special key.
most of the time this is not a problem but they have a drive now who is not traveling with all her baggage

Besides I have other uses for a game cam after this problem is taken care of... Like what is getting into my trash and when

/ Game camera recompilation #9  
   / Game camera recompilation #10  
Her bus also has cameras two of them but they only run for a short time after the bus it turned off in order to save the batteries (I assume)

Instead of hoping that a camera gets a telling shot, and that the pic is usable in proving who is doing the theft, I would look into getting the existing cameras to work all night. If it's a battery issue, that should be cheaper and easier to take care of with an extension cord or buying another battery.

Trail cameras are great at close range, but really suck at facial recognition in the dark or at any distance.

Eddie