Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted
Good stuff - keep it coming. After reading all of this I'm going to have to by 2 or 3 trimmers to get all the best ones. :LOL:

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #132  
Good stuff - keep it coming. After reading all of this I'm going to have to by 2 or 3 trimmers to get all the best ones. :LOL:
We currently have 4, I believe anyway, but have trashed a few over the years. :unsure:

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #133  
When 4 stroke trimmers first came out, I bought a Husqvarna. What a heavy $350 piece of junk that was! The thing had no guts, overheated, and I hated it the first time I used it. The only good thing on it was the trimmer head that I still have and run on my 2-stroke Chinese trimmer.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #134  
When 4 stroke trimmers first came out, I bought a Husqvarna. What a heavy $350 piece of junk that was! The thing had no guts, overheated, and I hated it the first time I used it. The only good thing on it was the trimmer head that I still have and run on my 2-stroke Chinese trimmer.
We ran Honda's many years ago. They were OK at best but did have some flaws.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #135  
We currently have 4, I believe anyway, but have trashed a few over the years. :unsure:
Hey Arly, a little off the subject here but a quick question: Does the Makita top handle saw you are using require two batteries at the same time? Does the charger that comes with the set charge two batteries at once?

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #136  
Hey Arly, a little off the subject here but a quick question: Does the Makita top handle saw you are using require two batteries at the same time? Does the charger that comes with the set charge two batteries at once?
I"ll PM you.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #137  
Although a German company, I feel like Stihl loves America, builds a LOT of their products in America and has a great new patriotic TV ad for their equipment.

I’m going to give my hard earned, overtaxed earnings to Stihl from now on, even if someone builds something a little cheaper.

Rebuilding this country starts with me.

Last edited:
   / Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted
I finally took delivery of the Echo SRM225 trimmer. I want to thank everybody who recommended it. It starts easy and works great. It's lightweight and has a long shaft which eases the backache on this older 6ft user.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #139  
I finally took delivery of the Echo SRM225 trimmer. I want to thank everybody who recommended it. It starts easy and works great. It's lightweight and has a long shaft which eases the backache on this older 6ft user.
i figured you would like an Echo, I have a SRM225 that I got a year ago and love it. My last Echo lasted 15 years, it was a SRM230 which they don’t make anymore. Heck I clear ditches with my 225 that’s full of briars and heavy vines. It cuts right through it. And the speed feed trimmer head is the best thing since sliced bread. Lots of folks get the speed feed head to put on other brands of trimmers.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #140  
Lots of folks get the speed feed head to put on other brands of trimmers.
They are popular and I have one for my 40 year old Stihl FS66 but I rarely use it. I prefer the tri-cut poly blade head actually.