Gas

/ Gas #1  

greenthumb

Silver Member
Tractor
tc40, exmark lazer Z
Want to make my own gas. I know I could blow up but what would it take?

/ Gas
So than do I put Beno in the tank. How about some that will run my car

/ Gas #4  
Green thumb. Guess time to joke is later.
Need resourses to make fuel and look at the engines and how fuel was made during the years between WW1 and WW2 .
Farmers used chicken manure that by heating and capturing the methane for a gas to drive there trucks to market.
Dairy farms (large) use cow manure to make methane gas.for generators to run the dairy.
Expensive to make.
Burning charcoal and again capturing the methane. for fuel
Now if have large amount of corn or grain and able to make home brew. I don't think the Gov. approves this method The real old timers have the knowledge to make a still with out
getting there attention.
The reason gasoline is a favorite fuel it doesn't require a large container or special methods to store the fuel for ready access. (just jump in the car start engine and go.)refill when tank is low.

Even elec. cars require some plant to generate the voltage then a battery charger to charge the battery and time to recharge for less than a 100 mile round trip.

There used to be what was called a Cushman scooter kids used to go to school box for storage and seat when riding. usually shoes sliding to slow or stop was better than the brakes.
Hope there is others who has better ideas. I'm soon going to be ready to park the gas tractor and when off road fuel runs out going to be careful what the John Deere is used for.

There is 535 people in Washington D.C. should be sent home Really 536 in total.
until a workable solution is reached. The new replacement group will know the reason there there.
ken

/ Gas #5  
What kind of gas? Do you mean Diesel?
Methane generation has been done for years.
Wood burning gasification units for vehicles have been used as primary power for busses trucks and cars. England during WWII had public transportation powered by gasification.
When I moved to this County about 1980 there was a pickup that was powered by Wood Gasification. The owner would drive to and from work everyday 25 miles each direction. Powered his truck with cutoffs from the mill where he worked.

/ Gas
Gas for my lawn mower and ford focus. I'm thinking I could refine used motor oil I collect an do it.

/ Gas #7  
? Catalytic cracking is one of the most important processes in oil refining. This process uses a catalyst, high temperature, and increased pressure to affect chemical changes in petroleum. Catalysts such as aluminum, platinum, processed clay, and acids are added to petroleum to break down larger molecules so that it will possess the desired compounds of gasoline.
Another refining process is polymerization. This is the opposite of cracking in that it combines the smaller molecules of lighter gases into larger ones that can be used as liquid fuels.

Its not easy ! Good luck !

/ Gas #9  
Gas would be way more work and frustration than anything. I would look into replacing everything you got with older diesel motors and making your own biodiesel.