Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #1  

Asteral

Gold Member
Tractor
LS TRACTORS
so we are looking at carrying BXpanded'S new piranha pro reversible tooth bar(you can swap from a flat grader blade to the serrated tooth bar on one product), the reason I'm asking about if this is something people would be interested in is because we only recently started carrying models of 60 hp and up, and I'm trying to gauge whether carrying these bars for models so large would be beneficial or if customer would even be interested in something like this for their loaders, so if any of you out here have any tractors above 65 hp would a tooth bar like this design be something you would see as beneficial to you or is thing gonna be more of a novelty on such large units?

we do carry their normal piranha tooth bars and our customers love them but these are mainly be installed on 55hp models and below, and since I know the brain trust on here always provides useful insights i figured i would put this question out there.

BXpanded Piranha Pro Reversible Bolt-On Toothbar - link to the new style of tooth bar - ( the added benefit for this type is I can have them built to bolt right to the pre drilled holes in the buckets so no additional drilling into the bucket would occur)

Last edited:
   / Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #2  
I believe there would be interest in them for sure. I would bring some in and give it a try. Worst case scenario they could be added as a part of the package deal. Either way you would recoup the investment.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #3  
Looks pretty aggressive and I think it would work well. I like the fact you can reverse it and use it to strengthen the leading edge of your FEL. My concern would be the nuts that stick up from the securement bolts would cause material to hang up in the bucket when dumping.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #4  
I'd carry it if you're already selling the standard Piranha; I previously had the standard model, and I'm really interested in Pro model. I feel like the reversible model would work well given I've already got the holes.

I mean, I loved the standard Piranha, it turned my old 1025R into a little beast.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #5  
I have the standard Piranha. It works great and I never take it off. I'm unconvinced of the value of the straight edge. I still backdrag and smooth with the standard one and the teeth don't have a detrimental effect when doing so. I'm curious to know the rational/justification for the straight edge (it doesn't state the purpose in the literature). Also I see where it fastens differently than the standard one which only needs 2 holes. Just my two cents.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #6  
Making assumptions here, but it seems it's more for buckets that already have a bolt-on cutting edge, a superior replacement.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #7  
I'm buying a Piranha, I didn't see the value in the Pro...

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #8  
I have the standard Piranha. It works great and I never take it off. I'm unconvinced of the value of the straight edge. I still backdrag and smooth with the standard one and the teeth don't have a detrimental effect when doing so. I'm curious to know the rational/justification for the straight edge (it doesn't state the purpose in the literature). Also I see where it fastens differently than the standard one which only needs 2 holes. Just my two cents.

The only time I want to take my standard Piranha bar off is when I'm clearing stuff off pavement that I don't want to damage. So far I have found another way to do that rather than unbolt the bar.

/ Gauging interest in a new product we are looking to carry. #9  
I have seen more than one FEL bucket (mine included) that is no longer perfectly straight through normal use (or what some may say is miss-use, but hey, the job has to get done). Having re-inforcement on most OEM bucket leading edges is a good thing, even if you are choosing to just use the straight edge side.