GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that?

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #51  
RPM =/= Power

Power = Torque * RPM

Perhaps they think their torque curve is flat, like the earth.

The irony of social media displacing traditional forums is incredible.

Back on topic though. When you see that peak torque is developed at different engine speeds; there is no question. These engines differ by more than their maximum RPM.

I still suspect different valve timings.

We need parts lists to determine.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #52  
It's just over a 1% increase in PTO hp. Is it really worth it? Majority of my hours are snowblower or woodchipper. Neither would seem to greatly benefit from the 2hp increase in the engine rating, and the 0.2hp increase with the PTO.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #53  
It increase PTO HP from 18.7 (1705) to 19.6 (1720).
GPM flow total from 6.3 to 6.8
Total HP 22.7 to 25

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that?
It's just over a 1% increase in PTO hp. Is it really worth it? Majority of my hours are snowblower or woodchipper. Neither would seem to greatly benefit from the 2hp increase in the engine rating, and the 0.2hp increase with the PTO.
Its really more like 5% difference in HP and 6.5% in GPM. Still not that much, I suppose. But I wonder if it is the gearing ratios that might have more impact.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #55  
Some may also have a slightly different head configuration, valves, injectors/timing and so on.
Larger models also change the compression ratin and add a turbo to increase HP.
Changing how much and when the air/fuel is burned changes the power band where the HP is measured.
You can't just raise the rpm and claim to have more HP