GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that?

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #31  
I've had (3) of these machine. Two 23HP and my latest one is the 25HP. For blowing snow with a front mount blower - I see a noticeable difference in power / bogging. With the 25HP model (different torque too) the blower almost never makes the tractor bog down. If my ground speed is too fast - the snow just spills out the sides of the blower. With the 23HP it was always on the edge of bogging down and I had to constantly monitor my ground speed. Not a huge deal - but in my experience the 25HP is nice to have. I did my research and there are differences to injection pump at a min. Some of the dealers try to convince folks there is a simple RPM difference to get the HP - not true.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #32  
I've had (3) of these machine. Two 23HP and my latest one is the 25HP. For blowing snow with a front mount blower - I see a noticeable difference in power / bogging. With the 25HP model (different torque too) the blower almost never makes the tractor bog down. If my ground speed is too fast - the snow just spills out the sides of the blower. With the 23HP it was always on the edge of bogging down and I had to constantly monitor my ground speed. Not a huge deal - but in my experience the 25HP is nice to have. I did my research and there are differences to injection pump at a min. Some of the dealers try to convince folks there is a simple RPM difference to get the HP - not true.
Thanks, would you mind posting up what your research found to be some differences?

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #33  
This bums me out because my dealer convinced me that there would be no noticeable difference as the PTO HP was almost identical on both (18.3 I think he said?) so I went with the 1723E. One of the first things I noticed about the snow blower was that it was really sensitive to speed and it bogged the tractor easier than I thought it would.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #34  
This bums me out because my dealer convinced me that there would be no noticeable difference as the PTO HP was almost identical on both (18.3 I think he said?) so I went with the 1723E. One of the first things I noticed about the snow blower was that it was really sensitive to speed and it bogged the tractor easier than I thought it would.
Well its only just over 1 pto hp(18.3 vs. 19.6) so i cant see how that would make a huge difference.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #35  
I bumped it up to a little over 3000 rpm's.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #37  
My dealer told me the only difference in engines regarding the MX 5200, 5600? and 5800 was a bigger turbo.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #38  

True, more RPM does not equal more power.

Anyone who has looked at a torque curve could easily see the diminishing returns at the higher RPMS.

More fuel = more power. Same as it's always been. There is a reason the diesel power guys do all they can to shove more fuel into the motor. However, without increase in air flow, it's just throwing black smoke. Fuel and air is the not so secret to more power.

GC have fixed air flow, so they put more fuel and they get more power. Then they have to reduce the gear size in the HST to get more PTO power. It's simple really.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #39  
True, more RPM does not equal more power.

Anyone who has looked at a torque curve could easily see the diminishing returns at the higher RPMS.

More fuel = more power. Same as it's always been. There is a reason the diesel power guys do all they can to shove more fuel into the motor. However, without increase in air flow, it's just throwing black smoke. Fuel and air is the not so secret to more power.

GC have fixed air flow, so they put more fuel and they get more power. Then they have to reduce the gear size in the HST to get more PTO power. It's simple really.

There IS a fuel screw on top of the injector pump to add more fuel that is not accessible there's a tamper resistant plug you would have to remove. it very well could be the 25's are set higher but the serivice manual doesn't state any settings for that.

/ GC Series - 23 or 25 HP from the same size engine: How do they do that? #40  
There IS a fuel screw on top of the injector pump to add more fuel that is not accessible there's a tamper resistant plug you would have to remove. it very well could be the 25's are set higher but the serivice manual doesn't state any settings for that.

I would advise anyone without extensive knowledge of how injection timing, fuel shims, and injector pulse width works...to not adjust their fuel screw.