GC1705 with Piranha bar.

/ GC1705 with Piranha bar. #1  

Imold

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF GC1705, Cub Cadet RZTL, Husqvarna Rider.
I recived the Piranha bar and installed it this afternoon, took about 5 minutes from start to finish and it fits perfectly I also put the Edge Tamers on and they fit without any modifications to the bar, just wanted to show some pics, I have a big area of brush I will try it on tomorrow.

Bar installed.
BEF0E7E1-B86A-43A8-8B7B-7DD336B4ECE4.jpeg

Bar with Edge Tamers on it.
78D96060-3E30-41D5-B2FB-7A1ACF6398B0.jpeg

A look under bucket.
50F966F9-7D1F-4698-86C5-1F34970B5AD6.jpeg

The patch of brush I want to knock down, you can see the left where I tried it with bucket only last week.
EF799C1D-2C2D-4879-AF74-560CB5F161A3.jpeg

Jim.

/ GC1705 with Piranha bar. #2  
Do post up pictures of the after.

I was about to order a PTB, but I have a lot of rocks. I ended up using real bucket teeth that I made for the tractor. They do make a world of difference.
4345.jpeg

/ GC1705 with Piranha bar. #3  
Why would you install a piranha bar just to throw edge tamers on top of it? I'm confused.

A tooth bar of any variety is an awesome upgrade, though.

/ GC1705 with Piranha bar.
Why would you install a piranha bar just to throw edge tamers on top of it? I'm confused.

A tooth bar of any variety is an awesome upgrade, though.

I got the Tamers to keep the teeth/bucket from digging into the ground, I will use the float on the FEL and drive into that heavy thatch and the Tamers will keep the teeth from digging into the ground if there are any dips or high spots plus I can tilt the bucket down to give those Piranha teeth a bit more of a angle to rip into the heavier stems, I will also put the Tamers on when I do snow removal on my gravel driveway if I don’t get my other snow blade set up this year, it’s all trial and error, I used the Tamers when I cleared the weed growth off the crown of my driveway and they worked perfectly when I had the FEL in float, I have very little standing water on my 300 foot gravel driveway after heavy rains.

Those Tamers have a place but I just need to find out where they work and do not work, when I moved my 12 yards of class 5 gravel I did not have the Tamers on because I did some back dragging with the bucket in float and the Tamers would of got in the way, I feel they will work best for me in the winter when moving snow so I don’t dig up gravel or tear out chunks of grass, I have a paved driveway at my home and my Ranger UTV with a 60 inch snow blade works great there.
4055E1F6-E514-4262-8AAC-B36169013559.jpg

Jim.

Last edited:
Before I found those Edge Tamers I was going to figure out a way to use a pair of these on my bucket, I have a pair that are threaded on my other snow blade and was going to switch them around but then I found the Tamers.
13B009BC-C0DD-4684-84AE-8C4BAB62D002.jpeg

Jim.

It is raining pretty good outside so I will have to wait until tomorrow to try out the Piranha bar.

Jim.

Do post up pictures of the after.

I was about to order a PTB, but I have a lot of rocks. I ended up using real bucket teeth that I made for the tractor. They do make a world of difference.
View attachment 620932

I was going to get a tooth bar until I ran across the Piranha bar, our land is mostly dirt topsoil then sand and some areas of clay and if you dig around enough you can come across some big rocks but for the most part you are good to go with the bucket or backhoe.

Jim.

Trying to break this up rather then one long post.
Another reason the Edge Tamers are nice on a SCUT is that with the smaller tractors you are limited in how your joystick and hydraulics work, on most scuts you either raise or lower the FEL then tilt up or down the bucket, unfortunately you can not use the joystick and valve to lift and curl or lower and tilt the bucket down all in one smooth motion like on a bigger tractor so having the float and Tamers on the FEL allow you to tilt up or down the bucket while it floats across the ground.
You see it all the time on bigger tractors where the operator is lifting and tilting the bucket while moving and then lowering the bucket and tilting it down to dig in and they are doing it all in one smooth motion, there is no hesitation at all, most scuts you lower the bucket arm then it stops for a moment then you tilt the bucket, skid steer loaders are the same it all works in one smooth motion.
Automatic level on a tractor also helps.

Jim.

Put the Piranha bar to work. Started to rain again so I stopped for the day, I have about a 40x30 foot area to go.
D12D98B9-30C8-43C9-9547-07B2BE6C9F38.jpg
1CBE9AC4-78AB-409B-9956-D48626E44C79.jpg
77AA713D-8E77-4029-B4B9-6F8793C1D815.jpg
D531A914-FAFC-4282-9A05-439D39F7DFA5.jpg

Well i opened up another 30x30 foot area so now I have a basic area for my 30x45 shop when I build it, still need to do a lot of dirt work and get that Sumac cleared out better, the ground is really uneven so it is hard to scrape the top even, what I will need to do is use the box blade and drop the scarifiers down so I can rip the ground up so I can get I level, it will be a lot of work with the scut but I have nothing but time so that’s ok, a CUT would be a lot better for what i am doing but this was not in my plans when I bought my tractor.

Like a lot of experienced folks say on TBN, buy bigger then you think you will need. Not a truer statement made.