GC2310

/ GC2310 #1  

DanielAlexander

Bronze Member
Tractor
GC2310 TLB
Finally washed and waxed, almost one year old, just turned 68hrs. Greased the fel and deck, sharpened the blades and now ready for the mowing season. I don't get much seat time, I dream about, I work alot.I get more seat time sitting in front of this computer, reading these threads, it's how I relax at night.I love TBN.

/ GC2310 #2  
I am still in the prebuying indecisive mode of scouring TBN, and I also love it. I have considered the 2310. Just want to know what your general impressions are after owning one for a year. What do you think the positives and negative to the machine? Any problems with the machine so far. And if you don't mind, what did you pay (you can PM if you want)?

/ GC2310
Archerynut ,my property maintence requires chipping, mowing, grading.digging, it,s only two and a half acres, but it's alot to take care of for me.It is a full cat 1 tractor, well designed and comfortable to use, my wife loves it too.The only thing that broke was the flasher light on the rops,got to close to a tree ,after I told my wife not to try to mow too close to the trees.I am extremly happy with the Massey I only wish it came with rear remotes, i'll have to plumb them.I have never used the back hoe it sits in the garage, I cant wait to dig a hole with it. I paid arround 19000 for it with a 4' hd box blade and hd 5' rear blade and mid mount mulching deck. Have you gone to a Massey Ferguson dealer to check one out?

/ GC2310 #4  
Yes I have gone and checked one out. I have also looked at the BX 24 and the JD 2305. Right now I am just stuck in the decision making process. Each one has its good attributes and some drawbacks. Things that I really liked about the MF were the quickness of the loader, I didn't try to the BH. The general layout was very good and it was easy to get on and off the tractor on both sides. Some units the loader control is in the way and it hard to get off to the right side of the tractor.

I am located in southwestern PA and most of the prices I got were a lot more than what you paid. Basically it was about 19000 for the TLB w/60" mower. It sounds like you got a lot more for your money with the box blade and rear blade. I think that with those two implements I would be around 20,300 est. Did you bargain with your dealer or is that the price that you were given the first time?

/ GC2310 #5  
I forgot, the MF dealers are about 35 miles in either direction from me, while I have 2 JD and 2 Kubota dealers within 12 miles. Have you heard about how much maintenance and repair costs are with the MF?

/ GC2310
Archerynut, there is one thing that bothers me about the 2310,I could not remember earlier, the quick connects for the fel on the old machine were straight, the new ones have 90 degree elbows on them, that will rub the hood , I have to remember to rotate them so they move slightly away from the hood and not causing them to bind when using the fel.When I saw a magazine ad showing the 2300,I new I wanted it, so last year instead of getting a new truck ,I got the tractor.Red is the color for me, the Japanese build a good machine, the cost didn't much matter. The service cost after 50 hrs seemed expensive ,pickup and delivery was 125.00,I usually do my own maintenance and repair but I let the dealer take care of it, they are good people. I made my choice on the 2310 from info given on this site also ,I called the dealer ,made an appointment ,walked in and said where do I sign, last year they had 0% financing.

/ GC2310 #7  
Archerynut..
Having owned a BX22 for a few years, and putting a couple of hundred hours on it, there are some positive things that strike me about the 2310. I like the fact that the hydraulics are so responsive at low rpm very much. Listening to nearly WOT for an extended time, even with adequate ear protection is pretty tiring, and the hydraulics on the BX series seem to require that for a decent response. I think that attachments for the 2310 are slightly more expensive, (snowblowers, mower decks, etc.) My BX is an early one that has the sticky hydro pedal, and that is bothersome to say the least! One never knows if the tractor is going to stop when the pedal is released, or not. Otherwise the thing is a tank with a low, and slightly soft underbelly. (I think the mount for the hydro filter on the 2310 is slightly more likely to be damaged perhaps) The three point hitch arms stay on the tractor when the backhoe is attached on the 2310, and that is a nice feature too. For some reason, the 2310 that I drove felt somewhat more stable with the backhoe on though dimensions don't support that feeling. The bucket on the hoe on the 2310 is tapered differently than Kubota's, and I don't know if that would keep clay from packing in as badly as it can on my BX, or not.
Anyway, just a few random thoughts to help you with your confusion..... By the way, yesterday when I was picking up some seed for a food plot, I saw a nice loader mounted 72" snowplow on a JD 2305. It used the JD mount, and replaced the loader bucket. The overall length of the setup was about the same as the 2520 with fel that was parked beside it.... nice!
Chuck

/ GC2310 #8  
Archerynut, I would contact Lemon's in Parkersburg, WV. That's only about a 2 1/2 to 3 hours drive for you and you would save thousands. I purchased my 2310 about 2 years ago and had less than $16,000 for 2310 TLB, extra turf tires and wheels, mid mount mower, 4ft box blade and enough filters and oil for several years. Their service has been second to none.

The best feature on the 2310 in my opinion is the fact that the CAT 1 hitch fold up when you put the backhoe on, instead of having to completely remove it on the BX tractors. My friend bought a BX23 and would sell it tomorooe and by a 2310 if his wife would let him.

/ GC2310 #9  
I have had my GC2300 for several years and it has worked out quite well. I was looking at the backhoe but couldn't justify the expense then and also my dealer recommended using a Woods backhoe anyway. I have been waiting for the snow to stop so I could take it to the dealer for the backhoe installation.

So after taking the snowblower off last night and dropping the tractor off at the dealer this morning, I see we are looking at 3-4" of snow today. Oh well I am sure it won't last. So the tractor is having maintenance done along with the backhoe and the oil filter cover.

There are features on the newer ones that I like (tach, exhaust points to side, front guard that allows opening the hood).

If I could change things I think I would move the brake pedal away from the hydro pedal, move the 3pt lever up so I hit it with my leg so often.

If I were buying one today, I would make sure the filter cover was included.

/ GC2310 #10  
Rob2310,
It sounds like you got a smoking deal when you bought your 2310. I am getting figures that are a lot higher around here. I am near Greensburg, PA and would travel if the deal is right. Do you have any contact info for the place in Parkersburg.

There are a ton of things that I like about the 2310 and not too many things that I don't like. The hydraulics seem second to none especially at a lower idle. I however haven't been that crazy about the prices or the dealers that I have been getting around here. It seems that if I am willing to travel a little the prices get better, both with MF and Kubota.