GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid
A safeway s41-2 fitting was mentioned in a post above and I see this is a Series 20 part from Safeway. Thus I feel on the right track with a S25A-2 as the quick coupler part.

Any idea how another brand of quick coupler would work if the same size and valve type?

Did the clean suggested here and it's still leaking.
Mine will leak from time to time, I just clean them up and it stops leaking for a while
The part must be the Safeway S25A-2 (it's the match for the S41-2 which I could order from Graingers for half of the dealer price.)

I called my local industrial supplier and they have a non-Safeway size match set for almost half of Grainger's price. At that price, I might as well give replacing it a go...

My only questions at this point: What to expect when removing either side of the coupler from the tractor/FEL lines? What kind of fluid escape can I expect? Any tips/tricks for working with hydraulic lines/fittings?

It looks like trying this with the FEL attached would be a nightmare... (just thinking out loud..)

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #13  
tractor off (of course) wiggle all controls lower 3 point. will be very little pressure there, most likely just a slight drip when changing.
yeah fel off pretty much needed to get solid wrench access w/o risking stripping wrench flats on fitting.

lower 3 point.
As I have my BH mounted I can lower the 3PT control, but will have to look if the mechanism can move with the BH in place. How important is that?

As for the brand of the replacement coupling, I see my local outlet has New Line and they have a cross-reference for the Safeway parts. Cool!

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #15  
No need to worry about 3 point then. Basically just wiggle The fel controls to bleed off any residual although there probably won't be any.
Really that's just a personal preference I have as I've been bitten by residual pressure on some other hydraulic items before. Just a habit I got into.

Getting closer... In my quest to know that the hydraulic parts I'm cross referencing would be the right ones, I finally got my phone camera down close enough and focused on the female quick coupling part number. The phone could still function upside down and backwards which was where the part numbers were visible.

Turns out the part is a Safeway S45-2. Also turns out that even the New Line cross reference part is listed at $47 in the catalog. The MF dealer was talking $50, so when you do the digging, the MF part is not overpriced at all. Or should I say the Safeway part, through MF.

Attachments

• coupler part #.JPG
    coupler part #.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Other than reporting the install results, I ended up ordering the New Line coupler from a local supplier. Even though the catalog said $47, the local dealer was at $37, and no shipping. Also, according to the supplier write up, these should be exact matches for the Safeway coupler. They even have the same part numbers, plus one letter.

Also, I noticed that I just passed two years on this forum, and almost 2 years with the GC2410. Almost 95 running hours over that time. It's just amazing what I have done over those hours to this property. If hired out, the work would have almost paid for this machine. Nice when these tools pay for themselves.

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #18  
Also, I noticed that I just passed two years on this forum, and almost 2 years with the GC2410. Almost 95 running hours over that time. It's just amazing what I have done over those hours to this property. If hired out, the work would have almost paid for this machine. Nice when these tools pay for themselves.
got mine in late Oct 2020 with 255 hours on it now 310 or so.
mowing/tilling/moving trailers/moving manure/dirt/checking mail end of road/etc. adds up.

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #19  
Just turned 350 hours, 2 years.

I was reading my own anniversary post, feeling something was missing.... And that would be how helpful this forum has been in these first two years to diagnose and rehab this tractor. Between reading old posts to glean info and understanding, to asking questions and getting custom advice.

Thanks to all who help!