GC2410 Hydraulic Shudder, etc

/ GC2410 Hydraulic Shudder, etc #11  
You should only need 15L for a change IIRC. 11L for the hydro, 4L or the front axle. If you can get in 5L jugs, better than a 20 litre pail. You can still use your existing oil for top ups if needed. The SUDT is marketed in Canada as Preminum UDT, don't ask me why.

edit - Just want to add a little info. Rumour had it that at one time Petro-Canada produced the Premium UDT for Kubota in Canada, but Shell in Calgary is probably the current supplier. It is very similar to the Durantran Semi-synthetic. Not sure if its true, but the properties are very close. Hard to find a more reasonably priced oil for its quality. Don't worry about using the old oil for top ups, you can never get it all out anyway, so some will always remain (cylinders/hoses etc.). And not worth the effort unless there are very serious contamination issues.

Last edited:
   / GC2410 Hydraulic Shudder, etc
If you can get in 5L jugs, better than a 20 litre pail. ..

edit - Just want to add a little info. Rumour had it that at one time Petro-Canada produced the Premium UDT for Kubota in Canada, but Shell in Calgary is probably the current supplier. It is very similar to the Durantran Semi-synthetic. Not sure if its true, but the properties are very close. Hard to find a more reasonably priced oil for its quality. Don't worry about using the old oil for top ups, you can never get it all out anyway, so some will always remain (cylinders/hoses etc.). And not worth the effort unless there are very serious contamination issues.

I may ask the dealer on the 5L jug price (got to be higher..), but the rest of the pail will just get used next time. I want to go purist with this first change and we'll see if I end up staying that way or not before deciding what to do with the CO-OP oil.

/ GC2410 Hydraulic Shudder, etc #13  
A partial container will absorb a lot of moisture sitting in a garage for a long period of time. Might be years until the next fluid change.

/ GC2410 Hydraulic Shudder, etc #14  
After several more years of use even after the drive shaft replacement mine will still shudder, some days worse than others but.....Im thinking its due to the fuel. What I believe happens is related to fuel, could be sticky\dirty injectors, or water\air in the line and even just bad fuel.
I do notice I have a small fuel leak in the line somewhere around the engine block that only shows itself in the winter after it sits for a while.
To check and see if your driveshaft is out of balance-the mechanic told me to try and rotate the shaft in the yolk one full turn.
I removed a large stump last weekend with my BH and experienced no shutter this time.