Geo Tracker instead of UTV?

/ Geo Tracker instead of UTV? #21  
The Japanese mini-trucks have a funny legal status. Some jurisdictions refuse to license them for road use. Some will allow them on regular roads, but not highways. Others don't place use restrictions at all. One big constraint for me was that the insurance companies don't like them (particularly the right-hand-drive) and charge huge premiums...they can be licensed here, but it would have doubled my insurance to get one and register it for road use.
I don't know that this listing is accurate, since my brother in Colorado has two of these trucks and has not been able to license them... Here's the skinny on Mini Truck legalities in each State - The Fast Lane Truck

/ Geo Tracker instead of UTV? #22  
I vote Samuri. Solid front axle. Less maintenance.

The hydraulic dump bed modification is way cool.

If set on a Side by Side for heavy utility work, I vote Kubota RTV. I bought a 7 year old RTV with 180hrs on the clock for $5500.

Ihave a Rhino also. When compared to the RTV IT's strictly for play.

/ Geo Tracker instead of UTV? #23  
....note that "minitruck" referred to those venerable pickups from Datsun, Toyota, Mazda, and
Chevy (LUV) back in the 70s and 80s. They all went away, or became "maxi".

Those tiny trucks from Japan are quite a bit smaller. They are known as "Kei Trucks" worldwide.

The Daihatsu Hijet is one of the most common in the US. Our local JD dealer has sold Chinese
clones for years--off road only.

/ Geo Tracker instead of UTV?
Update:

I bought an Isuzu Amigo instead of the Geo Tracker.

The Amigo is significantly larger, almost too large.

Amigo_Trail.jpg

The white pole is our property marker, the rock by the left driver's side limits width on that side.

Really nice though. Automatic, dual sunroof, 4x4, hi-lo, V6, 78,000 miles, brand new tires, tow package rated for 4,000 lbs. Has no problem climbing my little hill, and in 4x4 lo it engine brakes on the way downhill. Oh, air conditioning, too. Over 90 today and it was cool inside. And quiet.

So, everything I wanted, just a little larger. :)

Amigo_Left.jpg

/ Geo Tracker instead of UTV? #25  
Amigo is a great choice. Does the top come off? I always like the look of the topless Amigo.