Gettin' out of the house

/ Gettin' out of the house #31  
Re: Gettin\' out of the house

pdxman -

What you need is a drawbridge! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Or at least some portable ramps.

Sounds like the restricted use permit is the way to go. Too much stress involved in playing games with the county. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Did they have anything to say about the size or type of pipe you'd need to use?

/ Gettin' out of the house
Re: Gettin\' out of the house

Harv, they did say that code was 12" but could be larger based upon inspectors discretion who would need to inspect prior to the project. I now know for a fact that 12" isn't enough for the sudden streamflows. Another item I forgot to mention earlier is that the Fish and Game Department needs to inspect it also since the stream does enter a protected river about 500 yards away.

I am now starting to think about the ideas mentioned earlier about a 'bridge'. I do have a bunch of railroad ties laying around. That would make it temporary but still think county would want a permit on any work done in their 20' easement.

If I did go ahead and use larger pipe, obtain permit, etc... I think the pavement work would exceed the budget by turning this $50 ordeal into $500 easily.