Getting an annual physical at the doctors

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #21  
Grandfather 88 and not once did he ever see a doctor… born at the farm just like all 10 of his children.

At 88 he lost fingers in a log splitting accident and rushed to the hospital.

While there the Doc says irregular heartbeat and candidate for a pacemaker.

Grandpa refused saying when it’s my time it’s my time… had another 6 years active living and passed in his sleep from heart attack.

There are plenty where the worry alone might kill them…

Several of his friends, also farmers passed on the job and everyone said a blessing to live your best life and depart.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #23  
Did you know the person most likely to kill a married man is his wife?
Uh, oh. I knew there had to be a good reason to put it off.

By the way, does that statistic include being a passenger in her car? I always drive, the few times we go somewhere together.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors
By the way, does that statistic include being a passenger in her car? I always drive, the few times we go somewhere together.
FYI, the only thing that ticks my wife is no matter where we drive to, I genearlly always drive because I feel it is like my "duty" even if it's a 16 hour drive.

As a kid, whenever we drove, I never remember my mom driving. Go figure LOL

Honestly, way I see it now, my wife does so much for me, the least I can do is drive and sometimesit really pisses her off LOL ...

blessing to live your best life and depart.
It's only a blessing if you depart this life quick when it's "your time".

Some people aren't so lucky...

That said, with both of my parents, I was very blesse when they passed. Sometimes it's harder on you as your loved one if you decided to make it quicker when the law is "iffy iffy".

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #26  
Our 100 year old grandmother got a cancer diagnosis... So what. What does it really matter at this point?

Our 100 year old grandmother got a cancer diagnosis... So what. What does it really matter at this point?
When my 90 year old dad was comitted to the hospital on a Sunday, they told me he would have to go through rehab.

I knew that wasn't going to work for my dad because he was ready to go, and he wasn't going to spend his time trying to make a painful injury "better" by putting in rehab.

He lived a great life and was ready to go at this point in time, being that his wife left this world 20 years before him,

He died less than a day and half later.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #28  
When my 90 year old dad was comitted to the hospital on a Sunday, they told me he would have to go through rehab.
I have a family member who went through very difficult abdominal surgery in her late 80's. She recovered, and on her 93rd birthday went for a 17 mile bike ride.

About age 90 her teeth were getting more crooked. She asked her dentist about getting braces to straighten them, and he said: "Why bother?" She was very insulted. In her mind she had a lot more life left-- which is why she wanted to "bother."

We were hoping she would make it to 100, but she came up just a little short.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #29  
This was a good reminder, unfortunately at the expense of the OP's friend. My brother just had his last chemo treatment last week after a colonoscomy found cancer a year ago. Luckily they found it early... which will be a good reminder for me the next time I have to drink that nasty stuff.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #30  
Mom is 91. Retired RN. She was diagnosed with some slow growing leukemia variety. Completely random chance. Went to chiropractor and they did an xray and saw something on her kidney or liver and referred it over to a real Dr. She is not likely to die from it as age will take her first. She's still getting some treatment, but will not do chemo or radiation. (She was in Oncology/Renal b4 she retired). Not worth the illness to cure the disease to her.