Getting clay mud off tires easily

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #41  
I heard there were a lot of guys looking for work. Give the new guy the toothbrush.
Them meth heads can get it done in a jiffy.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #42  
I built a trail on a step side hill above the lake just to work around driving the x and the skid up the drive way. There is not a good way that I know of, pressure washer works fine if it is warm enough, and you have a place for the pool to drain. Do the work as fast as you can, and fix it once when you are done?

Best,

ed

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #43  
comes right off after it dries and you drive a short distance

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #44  
What is a solution for sticky, clay-mud build-up on tractor tires and skid steer tracks when I get back at the shop? From Oct-Mar it doesn't take much for the sticky clay to create a 1-2" layer all the way around the tires/tracks.
Short of pressure washing before going inside, is there a labor-saving way to get the bulk of that mud off before going indoors or near the shop.
Is there some type of "cattle-guard" that you could drive over that would get it off?
How about some sort of tire-scraping wheel or track attachment?
Maybe something you can put on the tire as a non-stick treatment?
Something else?
Thanks, Scott
I smack the tires with a piece of wood (think baseball bat or short 2x4) on the sidewalls and treads. The rubber deflects and pops the clay off. Drive the tractor forward a few feet and do it again. This work great on my turf tires after rototilling.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #45  
Another vote for pressure washing.

Attachments

• _EM50973.JPG
    _EM50973.JPG
    925.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00532.JPG
    DSC00532.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 82
   / Getting clay mud off tires easily #46  
What is a solution for sticky, clay-mud build-up on tractor tires and skid steer tracks when I get back at the shop? From Oct-Mar it doesn't take much for the sticky clay to create a 1-2" layer all the way around the tires/tracks.
Short of pressure washing before going inside, is there a labor-saving way to get the bulk of that mud off before going indoors or near the shop.
Is there some type of "cattle-guard" that you could drive over that would get it off?
How about some sort of tire-scraping wheel or track attachment?
Maybe something you can put on the tire as a non-stick treatment?
Something else?
Thanks, Scott
I have a 1/4 mile stretch of paved road near my place. When my tires get caked with mud I put the traactor in high gear and run it up and down the road. The mud flies off.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #47  
Let dry, then drive around.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #48  
Pack the mud with M80's, and a long, fast acting sequential fuse,, light, and stand back.

If you do it at night, at least this will bring some fun to your life,,, :oops:

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #50  
Tell that to the construction guys building the new housing addition across the road from me……