Getting Ready for Issac

/ Getting Ready for Issac #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Well, it looks like I'll get to use my tractor to clean up the mess, I'm sure to have after this storm comes through. I don't think it's going to be too bad, but we've still got lots of high dead hanging branches from Katrina. I'm sure they'll come down during this storm. The winds are already getting pretty gusty, and it's not due to make landfall until maybe tuesday night, or early wednesday morning.

/ Getting Ready for Issac #2  
Wish it would come through Houston as a Cat 1 or smaller and knock down all the dead pines from the drought last year. We're doing better this summer, but there are so many dead ones in my woods I'm afraid to even walk the dogs through there, much less take the tractor in....

/ Getting Ready for Issac #3  
Stay safe, cleanup can come long after the danger is past.

/ Getting Ready for Issac #4  
The storm is getting stronger and the forward speed is slowing down. Hopefully no one gets too much damage and the folks that need it get some good rain.

/ Getting Ready for Issac
Yep, this souldn't be too bad. Likely an awful lot of rain. I've rode 'em all out, ever since Betsy which I beleive was around '63.
One thing I do know for sure, I'll never go through another Katrina!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Getting Ready for Issac #6  
Seven years ago when Katrina hit I was living in Houston about 65 miles north of Galveston. Most of my neighbors evacuated only to sit on the freeway for hours and get nowhere.

/ Getting Ready for Issac
By the time I decided to leave sunday morning, it was too late. My brother had left early that morning, headed for Florida, and by noon, he had only made about sixty miles in over four hrs!
I stayed and rode it out, never again! That was one experience that I never want to repeat.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Getting Ready for Issac #8  
I had to ride out Ike. Key word is HAD. I was a Police Officer in LaPorte Texas and was on the "after the storm go see what happened" team. Then stuck on 16 hour days for two weeks living on MRE's. It was two days before I could even check on my own home. Good luck and stay same.

/ Getting Ready for Issac #9  
Just lay low until after it passes and stay safe, my brother-in-law and his wife are staying put in NOLA. Just hope it does not intensify too much before it hits land. Good luck, just hope you don't have to do too much cleanup.

/ Getting Ready for Issac #10  
Seven years ago when Katrina hit I was living in Houston about 65 miles north of Galveston. Most of my neighbors evacuated only to sit on the freeway for hours and get nowhere.

I too was here in Houston for Katrina, but I believe you might be referring to Rita that was not long after Katrina and caused a big panic in Houston, though it totally missed us. The traffic jams were insane! I did ride out Ike and was without power for 16 days -- not fun....