Glad he wasn't hurt seriously

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #41  
Always thought about hydraulic or spring loaded outriggers for that sought of activity.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #42  
I understand that, I just can't see the point of risking lives and expensive equipment when there plenty of better ways of doing it.

Over here those hillsides are handled with boom flail mowers and the tractors never leave the road. When those can't do it, a crew of 4 to 6 people will do it by hand with gas string trimmers that will also handle the brush around poles, signs, etc that the tractor can't do.

Lately there has been a slight increase on those remote controlled flail mower for the very steep hills though.

View attachment 758632
it's all about $$$ and speed of completion

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #43  
How about just stopping all the unnecessary mowing. It isn’t an effing golf course. Once every 3 years to stop tree growth. Waste of gas and workers.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #44  
A few times in the last year I have seen some large tracked remote control mowers on the side of the highway, but the majority of what I see is a tractor pulling a batwing

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #45  
   / Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #46  
In the Scottish Highlands I observed haymaking on slopes that I would hesitate to walk up because of their steepness. They use BIG 4 wheel drive tractors and go ONLY straight up and down those 1/4 to 1/2 mile long slopes and make great looking hay. They also use huge rollers on the land which I had never seen done here in New England. They have to wear kilts while working those slopes because balls that big won't fit in Jeans!

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #47  
How about just stopping all the unnecessary mowing. It isn’t an effing golf course. Once every 3 years to stop tree growth. Waste of gas and workers.
Fire control reasons down here. Between people throwin' out lit cigarettes, draggin' chains or vehicle parts, and wrecks if it isn't mowed down what would be a rather low and slow burn would get out of control rather quickly.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #48  
Huh ? What does that mean? Can you clarify.
Incline is steep enough that when driving across it the front wheels will no longer keep the nose from going down hill, so they use the brake on the uphill rear tire to keep it going straight.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #49  
That's a LOT of weight flopping around a fellow ! ....Probably a safe bet the operator took a couple of days off and spent them looking for something else to do.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #50  
First thought thank goodness the guy was not badly hurt...then I'm as intrigued as the rest of you just how he finished up left side downwith no apparent damage to the right side except a deflated rear wheel. Closer look at the wheel depression in the unmown grass above him and my guess is that he was travelling left to right top of the picture....mower trailing down slope right side of tractor...right rear tyre has deflated...he has stopped and reversed righthand (over)steered and tractor has spun anti-clockwise and flopped onto it's left side as per the picture.
Be careful out there.