Glad he wasn't hurt seriously

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #32  
Up and down because if he has just a quarter mile of bank, it's only 80+ passes with a 16ft bat wing.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #33  
Was on the PA turnpike yesterday and watched a crew running a large diesel powered remote controlled tracked machine cut very steep ground.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #34  
How?

It’s getting towed by the drawbar and oscillates on it’s own axis compared to the tractor and it’s riding on its own wheels.
Some do and some don’t. Depends on brand, too. My Deere CX’s have the pivoting/oscillating hitch, but that’s an option. The standard hitch is just a “fork“ type hitch that rides above and below the tractor drawbar. The basic hitch does give some added stability because it doesn’t oscillate, but once the tractor starts to go over with momentum, it would twist the hitch and the mower, too. Just too much weight.

The tractor that rolled in the original OP post appears to be pretty narrow on tire width.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #35  

The tractor that rolled in the original OP post appears to be pretty narrow on tire width.
Yeah it did appear on the narrow side. The picture came from the State Police. Wish there were more. I noticed in the picture a large flattened area to the upper left of where the machine was laying. No idea how far down the hill it came. Also appears to be a mown area above the long grass. Well, just too much to speculate on, but glad they reported the operator was oK.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #36  
The depressed vegetation on the hillside in front of the tractor and the damage showing on the rotary cutter leaves me with the opinion the turn over started at the top of the incline. I think the tractor turned over more than one time as it was tumbling and sliding down the steep incline. This theory would also explain the deflated right rear tire.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #37  
I put a slop gauge in my tractor and still try NOT to go on hillsides

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #38  
Positive the tractor rolled down the hill from the higher side and rolled more than once....Grass stuck in upper cab corner, damage to the hitch, damage an both sides of the tractor....No way that tractor just tipped over on the lower part of the slope. Looks like it might have been wet, slid, caught something or found a hole and flipped.Amazing that more roadside mowing equipment does not have more incidents....But this tractor is set to a fairly narrow stance....That
did not help.

/ Glad he wasn't hurt seriously #39  
I put a slop gauge in my tractor and still try NOT to go on hillsides
In 2021 I turn a Cub Cadet 2084 over on it side as I was mowing. The turn over was in an area I had mowed with the same unit with for years. I still do not know what caused the turn over. I do know I changed how I mow this area with the new mower to hopefully prevent a future occurrence .

And yes new mower because when the 2084 turned onto it’s side the battery flipped over and lodged the positive post against a frame member which caused a dead short an a electrical fire.

Last edited: