Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #11  
Maybe it's time to sell my 8N which is setting out in the field for the last ? years, waiting for engine and other work.

Like the OP, I'm thankful that I bought when I did. It's been paid for for a year, and is ready to go whenever I need it.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #12  
Even used tractors are getting hard to find at dealer,have feeling auctions will have increase on farm equipment.
Considering how inputs are spiking (examples: seed corn is over 400 bucks a bag, up from 325 last spring, 46 granulated urea is up over 35% a bag more than last year, herbicides like 24DB are up 30%, fuel is up at least 30% (off road diesel), gonna be a ton of late model used equipment up for sale because farmers are gonna go **** up this coming year. Bank on it. Farmers today are leveraged out as it is. Not going to take much to push a lot of them over the edge into bankruptcy.

Just look at the sheer numbers of late model tractors and implements for sale on Tractor House and Auction Time.

Not talking about hobby tractors, I'm talking about ag tractors and tillage equipment.

Myself, again, I don't like buying a pig in a poke used, I prefer new but I don't have the key to Fort Knox either. New ag tractors are priced beyond my means today.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #13  
Just look at the sheer numbers of late model tractors and implements for sale on Tractor House and Auction Time.
Not that many considering it's a national list. Nary a one near me. 🙁

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #15  
I ordered a Massey Ferguson 2 months ago and locked in my price. It might be here this month, or it might be here in 4 months. I'm terrified that when it gets here, they will tell me that it's going to be more money. I have a signed contract, but I honestly don't know what recourse I have if they change the price. I'll walk away from it, and they will sell it to somebody else at the higher price. The wait is making me nervous.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #16  
I just checked the current pricing on the same tractor I purchased early last year, WOW, the base price went up over $3k, to order the tractor now with all of the same options would have cost me about $4k more!! Seriously doubt that the prices will ever go back down to any thing near where they were.
Same here.

I was lucky enough to get a new L6060 HSTC last December. Now, I see the price is up by $4300 for the same tractor! That's assuming you can even find one now.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #17  
I’m glad that I took delivery of my MX6000 on December 1. I haven’t looked at current prices, but I’ll bet the increase is significant.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #18  
When I went today to pay for my B2601 dealer said tractors up 6% and loaders up 9% at the start of the year. Didn’t stop many he sold 3 more tractors already today.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #19  
Tractor House is loaded with used units if you want to go that route, but even used units are tracking up with inflation as well. Myself, I don't much like used because you have no idea if it was taken care of or beat on and no warranty either.
I was at a tractor dealer Thursday and they showed me around their shop. They had 2 year old 50 hp tractor in there that the owner uses as his daily driver. He can't get a drivers license, but ag is exempt so he takes it to Safeway, Walmart, etc. and clears snow off driveways and parking lots for extra cash, The problem, he apparently never takes it out of 4 wheel drive. So they were fixing it again under warranty. Problem is you would never know how abused the drive train was by looking at pictures because the tractor was in otherwise beautiful condition.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #20  
I just checked the current pricing on the same tractor I purchased early last year, WOW, the base price went up over $3k, to order the tractor now with all of the same options would have cost me about $4k more!! Seriously doubt that the prices will ever go back down to any thing near where they were.
This is exactly why I bought my tractor and truck at the beginning of the year. You could tell that the prices that were already starting to creep up due to the shut downs were going to rise even faster from inflation.

Last edited: