GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #2  
they should do the same with 5.7 and 6.4 dodge . Lifter failures.
Just rebuilt my son's 6.4 L. and Deleted the old MDS system.

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #3  
This discussion has been going on for some time now. From what I can tell, the amount of problems is a small percent of the total vehicles out there.

You can either disable or delete the AFM on the GM engines. Disable by using a Range devise or put the transmission in manual (M5) and the AFM is disabled.

How to Delete or Disable Active Fuel Management (AFM) - Chevy & GM

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #4  
First thing I did when my wife got her Suburban was the Range Delete module. You can also disable the AFM by disconnecting the Molex connector on the top of the vacuum brake booster (center top) but that will throw a check engine light. Bought it used, private owner we know who maintained it and drove properly (not a lead footer). It was using oil when we got it about 1 quart every 1000 miles. Since I installed the Range delete module, oil consumption has ceased and the V8 actually sounds like a V8. Her fuel mileage has not changed, still a lousy 19 mpg but it is bus.

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #5  
I have no clue about other engines . But when you delete the MDS on a dodge, you must reprogram the computer to be able to deliver the correct fuel/ air ratio because the computer still wants to kill those cylinders .
Not a plug and play delete for us

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #6  
All in the interests of Corporate Fuel Economy ratings...and the consumer pays for their half baked ideas. I will say the exhaust note on my wife's Suburban sounds nice, like a V8 should. You don't buy big V8's and expect to get 40 mpg anyway. If I want 40, I drive my Focus with the 5 speed.

Too bad it takes so much fiddling to delete a Mopar product. All I did was plug in the Holley Range module and pay 100 bucks.

Mileage don't interest me and I don't care what gas costs either. I don't like it but I can afford it.

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L
The range device was not available for my 2008 model. It was over $200.
I ordered a device on Amazon for $89. Plus tax. Will let y'all know if it works.

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #8  
Hoping you the best with it. The Holley Range don't fit every year, I realize that. Inflation must have grabbed them. I paid 99 bucks for mine, direct.

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #9  
Being a child of the 60's, there is always something magical about the sound of a big V8.

/ GM lifter failures-Class action lawsuit for V8's with AFM 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L #10  
Maybe they learned from Volkswagen that you can't just lie about fuel economy. :ROFLMAO: