"GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..."

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #1  

Capricious

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT160D
General Motors ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon

GM halts sale of midsize trucks, issues 2 more recalls

Another reason why I don't want to be the first one to buy a new model / new engine / new aluminum body / new anything. Regardless of brand.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #2  
I had the first year body style in my 1994 s-10. Never again.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #3  
Atleast they caught it before it went to far.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #4  
GM just can't get it together. Wonder if they will ever get their engineering back.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #5  
Not sure they'll be much competition to Tacoma, as they're truly obese. Saw the weight of the extend cab versions are 3,944 #. The Tacoma is already quite obese at 3,500 #. The 1999 body was much more the right weight at 3,000 #. All we need is a VW TDI running gear slapped into the front of a 1995-1999 Tacoma body. Throw away the differential in back.

Ralph

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #6  
How many of you saw the news story about Takata air bags that malfunction upon use and shoot shrapnel at the driver. Just about all auto makers are involved as a lot of them use this brand of air bag. What is seriously flawed is that the recall is just in coastal states right now as they think the exploding air bag is more affected by moisture.
A comment by the news report that the recall isn't in effect in the states where it caused a fatality go the response from the commenter that it was all about money.
Just in the recall area is estimated 110 million vehicles are affected and as said that is just one state wide around the perimeter of the coastal sections of the USA leaving all of the interior states out of the recall at present. I would think that NTSB would force a recall of all autos with that brand of air bag.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #7  
Not sure they'll be much competition to Tacoma, as they're truly obese. Saw the weight of the extend cab versions are 3,944 #. The Tacoma is already quite obese at 3,500 #. The 1999 body was much more the right weight at 3,000 #. All we need is a VW TDI running gear slapped into the front of a 1995-1999 Tacoma body. Throw away the differential in back.

Ralph

I drive a no frills 2-door Jeep TJ that weighs 3,500#. I don't quite understand what you consider fat.... :confused:

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #8  
We have purchased two Chevrolet Cruze Diesels and an Eco this year. 21,000 miles on the first one, none have had problems.

We have a fleet of five brands. They all have recalls.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #9  
How many of you saw the news story about Takata air bags that malfunction upon use and shoot shrapnel at the driver. Just about all auto makers are involved as a lot of them use this brand of air bag. What is seriously flawed is that the recall is just in coastal states right now as they think the exploding air bag is more affected by moisture. A comment by the news report that the recall isn't in effect in the states where it caused a fatality go the response from the commenter that it was all about money. Just in the recall area is estimated 110 million vehicles are affected and as said that is just one state wide around the perimeter of the coastal sections of the USA leaving all of the interior states out of the recall at present. I would think that NTSB would force a recall of all autos with that brand of air bag.

GM doesn't use that brand of airbag according to the show. Chrysler, Honda, and Ford do though.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #10  
Drove one, and they sure drive nice. Gone is the cheap little truck feel.