"GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..."

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #11  
from the artical... recalls are over airbag stuff

This condition affects the vehicles' two-stage air bag system by reversing the deployment sequence and disrupting the deployment timing of the driver airbag stages. This condition will cause the driver airbags to not function as designed," GM said.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #12  
from the artical... recalls are over airbag stuff

The dealers will reprogram the air bag system. The dealers will be set to do it in a few days.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #13  
It must be the same airbag supplier causing much of these recalls , because last week I read how Ford had recalled 850,000 vehicles for airbags that might not work.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #14  
It must be the same airbag supplier causing much of these recalls , because last week I read how Ford had recalled 850,000 vehicles for airbags that might not work.

Could be. I heard GM added a recall on Saturday for thousands more due to airbags. But what's odd is the press releases say it is due to loose wiring and crossed wiring, so how are they fixing that with software?

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #15  
Blaming software ,INMHO, is marketing jargon to minimize a more major problem as well as maybe 'passing the buck', either way the buck is passed on to a sub contractor.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #16  
Blaming software ,INMHO, is marketing jargon to minimize a more major problem as well as maybe 'passing the buck', either way the buck is passed on to a sub contractor.
Not in modern cars with "Drive by wire" systems. In many cars now the ignition switch does not activate the starter directly: it tells one of the car's computers "activate the start cycle."

Japanese manufacturers outsource more of their engineering to their suppliers so they are actually more susceptible than the US manufacturers. But as mentioned we have 10 vehicles of five different brands and they all get about a recall a year, most trivial.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #17  
I had the first year body style in my 1994 s-10.
Thank you for being a test subject. I have an 03 (last year built) and all the problems were fixed. At 180.000 miles it still runs like a champ with only routine maintenance ever being done (and one transmission rebuild, my fault)

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #18  
I like my Toyota Tacoma. Of course the dealer looked at me strangely when I told him I only needed a 2 wheel drive. But I told him I drive on the roads, not logging trails, and I have a tractor to plow with so I don't need 4WD for that. Which lops 500 lbs off the GVW, improves mpg, lessens tire wear, and costs at least a thousand less on the ticket price.

Fat pig? Not hardly.

/ "GM ordered dealers to stop selling the new Chevrolet Colorado..." #19  
...the buck is passed on to a sub contractor.

More often than not, the buck does not get passed. Certainly not with reputation damage (the automaker is the most visible and does the recall, not the subcontractor) nor with lawsuits which go after both companies and focus on the one with the deepest pockets, which is usually the automaker.