GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon?

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
So I read that GM is thinking of putting a 2.5 or 2.8 diesel in the Colorado. If it's already been posted I didn't see it. If it's true then it should be a pretty good size engine for the truck. Enough power to move the truck but small enough to get pretty good MPG.

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #2  
It already receives diesels in other markets. No reason why it shouldn't here.

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #3  
It already receives diesels in other markets. No reason why it shouldn't here.

I work for GM and am currently located at the Wentzville Assembly plant where we are launching the US built replacement for the Colorado and Canyon. It is not confirmed yet if the diesel option will be sold here in the states. I hit on this topic in another thread. We will be building a diesel but it MIGHT be for export only.

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #4  
I work for GM and am currently located at the Wentzville Assembly plant where we are launching the US built replacement for the Colorado and Canyon. It is not confirmed yet if the diesel option will be sold here in the states. I hit on this topic in another thread. We will be building a diesel but it MIGHT be for export only.

I figured you'd chime in. I just read an article that stated that either the 2.5 or 2.8 diesel is likely a year after launch.

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #5  
Are those Duramax diesels or made by someone else?

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #6  
Are those Duramax diesels or made by someone else?

It's a 4 cylinder D-Max turbo diesel. It's already being used in the GM global market....just not here in the states.

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #7  
It's a 4 cylinder D-Max turbo diesel. It's already being used in the GM global market....just not here in the states.

I guess its the engine sold in the Isuzu D-max pickup (D-max is the pickups model name, not just the engine)

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #8  
How sure are we that these four cylinder Duramax are not just a VM diesel that GM and Fiat designed a few years ago. Used by several motor vehicle manufactures outside of the North American market.
The four cylinder DOHC VM diesel is doing a market test run in the 2014 Chev Cruz.
I'll bet your " Duramax" is an Italian Fiat built under license.

http://www.vmmotori.it/uploads/doc/1695.pdf

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #9  
They are VM engines.

/ GM putting a small diesel in the Colorado and Canyon? #10  
How does anybody expect acceptance of the light diesel in the personal transportation market in North America? Anybody here ever vote for the party that supports the EPA? Anybody expect light diesel personal vehicles to suceed in a market where diesel costs more than gasoline?
Who is ready to start replacing common rail injectors, glow plugs, particulate filters and urea injection after the end of warranty?
Want to see diesels that work. You have to go to some backwards 3rd world country where the manufactures can't sell something unreliable. Turbo V6 diesels in Haiti by Mazda, Toyota etc I rode in this year are what diesels are supposed to be.