GMC Canyon?

/ GMC Canyon? #1  

WilliamBos

Tractor
MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle
Do we have any new Canyon oeners on here? Looking for input on it, with the 3.6 and towing package.

/ GMC Canyon? #2  
I have a 2018 Canyon Denali with the 3.6 and two package. Have had since November about 8k miles on it. Truck is fine for a driver gas mileage OK. Not a lot better than my 2014 Sierra Crew Cab with 5.3

Only towed with it once - pulled a 16 foot enclosed trailer around 5000 pounds. It was OK for occasional duty.

Get our new boat in a month or so. It will weigh in pretty close to the 7000 pound limit and being a tritoon will have aero of a brick. Will know more then but don't have to tow it often.

Let me know if have more specific questions

Brad

/ GMC Canyon? #3  
I've got close to 100k on a Colorado 4wd w tow package. No issues and done everything I've asked it for. Towed my old 8n w 5 ' Bush hog on a very heavy double axle trailer but didn't go far. No.problems though.

/ GMC Canyon?
Thanks for the rep,ies - will be trading my Ram and getting back in to a GM.

/ GMC Canyon? #5  
I don't see the advantage of a Colorado, especially if you plan to tow.

It's almost the same length as a full sized truck, just narrower. So towing an 8' wide trailer will make visibility worse and the stability will be worse than with a full sized truck.

If you're looking for smaller engines, you can get a 3.6 Pentastar or a 3 liter Ecodiesel in the Ram 1500.

You can't put as much in the narrow bed and you can't seat as many passengers.

What are the advantages? Is the mileage a lot better?

/ GMC Canyon? #6  
Mileage with the 3.6 in the Colorado will be similar to the 5.3 in a full size.I have got 22.9mph with the 2017 5.3 in a full sized truck.The diesel Colorado will do about 30 mpg on the highway but not much of tow vehicle.

/ GMC Canyon? #7  
I just checked the millage on my 4 banger 2012 Colorado, 24.0 exactly, and that was with paper and pen, not something puter generated.

Should they do better than that? I think so, but that's what I get, and I do still like the truck.

SR

/ GMC Canyon? #8  
22.9 ? going 55 the whole time? or is it 2wd?

i get about 18 with a flat bed cover and 17.4 with my cap. 2015 5.3 4 door with 6.5 bed.

avg over the last ~ 20k miles and ~1 year. including all types of driving. my commute is mostly 2 lane at 65mph.

The Canyon seems like a great small truck. Easier to park and get around the city, decent payload and towing, a bit better mileage than a full size.

/ GMC Canyon? #9  
22.9 ? going 55 the whole time? or is it 2wd?

i get about 18 with a flat bed cover and 17.4 with my cap. 2015 5.3 4 door with 6.5 bed.

avg over the last ~ 20k miles and ~1 year. including all types of driving. my commute is mostly 2 lane at 65mph.

The Canyon seems like a great small truck. Easier to park and get around the city, decent payload and towing, a bit better mileage than a full size.

2017 extended cab,5.3 motor,ARE cap and yes 22.9@55 mph(at least on the truck computer).Have the Blackout package with more aggressive tires than stock.Goes to V4 on the highway.
Oddly the 2019 models are lighter(450lbs),wider with 8 or 10 speed transmissions,different fuel injection syestem and are rated "less than the model they are replacing."
Watched a YouTube test of the 2.7 Turbo Silverado ,extended,4wd and it got 24 mpg.Colorados for me don't make a lot of sense unless you go with the diesel.Cost will be about the same as a loaded full size gas.

/ GMC Canyon? #10  
The local dealer is a friend of mine. He took me for a ride in the new redesigned Canyon right when they first came out. His comment was that it was similar in size to a regular pickup. He wasn't sure who the demographic would be who would buy one-- although they are a very nice truck.