Good Gloves?

/ Good Gloves? #31  
When doing chainsaw work open cuff is not good, it's more like a sawdust catcher, mechanix style glove is better for chainsawing, wraps tight around wrist.

/ Good Gloves? #32  
When doing chainsaw work open cuff is not good, it's more like a sawdust catcher, mechanix style glove is better for chainsawing, wraps tight around wrist.

Can easily concur with this when cutting wood. Never used any glove unless it had elasticized cuffs.

/ Good Gloves?
Can easily concur with this when cutting wood. Never used any glove unless it had elasticized cuffs.

You’re spoiled. :cool:

All the pulpwooders I knew growing up used those old leather gloves with the big cuffs on them IF they wore gloves.

It’s good that we have learned a few things since then. :thumbsup:

/ Good Gloves? #34  
You’re spoiled. :cool:

All the pulpwooders I knew growing up used those old leather gloves with the big cuffs on them IF they wore gloves.

It’s good that we have learned a few things since then. :thumbsup:

If you ever use a wood chipper, be careful with big cuffed gloves. If it's not you, could be the idiot next to you throwing branches and brush in before you clear. Usually the glove will come off but unfunny things can happen with a chipper.

/ Good Gloves? #35  
I'm on industrial jobsites on a daily basis. Most of the sites require a glove with a ANSI cut rating of 2 or higher. I've found Superior Glove make a good quality glove. I usually carry a pair of Superior Glove Model #378GKTFG that have both an ANSI cut rating of A4 and also a Arc Flash rating of 3.

/ Good Gloves? #36  
Gloves are like golf clubs or rifles. There is a specific club or caliber for the type of shot or hunt. My personal opinion is that for just about all functions relating to wood oriented jobs, a tight to the hand fitting glove made with the toughest synthetic materials will allow what needs to be done. Wood cutting should be more about tools taking the brunt of the friction such as peaveys, cants and pulp hooks. Control of cutting tools is a more important factor than longevity to me and a quality, fit to the hand glove can mitigate the untoward things that loosely or ill fitting gloves can create. Good ones can be expensive but there are median priced ones as well such as rigustafson recommends.

In general, I feel a synthetic gives better longevity than a hide glove while offering tactile and maneuverability advantages leaning toward safer operation.
Thumbs Up: The 8 Best Work Gloves | HiConsumption

/ Good Gloves? #38  
I'm on industrial jobsites on a daily basis. Most of the sites require a glove with a ANSI cut rating of 2 or higher. I've found Superior Glove make a good quality glove. I usually carry a pair of Superior Glove Model #378GKTFG that have both an ANSI cut rating of A4 and also a Arc Flash rating of 3.

I googled that part number for that glove and I ordered a pair on Amazon to try out.

I bought these today at ACE and I really like this glove.

Wells Lamont Large Goatskin Driver Gloves (1720L) - Unlined Leather Gloves - Ace Hardware

/ Good Gloves? #40  
I use AMMEX GWON44100-BX Nitrile Disposable Gloves and am very comfortable with them.

I don't think I would want to use those for handling firewood or moving hay bales. I don't think they would keep your hands very warm when it's 0 degrees either. My hands start sweating inside gloves like that after about 5 minutes so I can't wear them very long.