Good Glue

/ Good Glue #1  

Larry Caldwell

Tractor
Kubota l3130
Loctite Stick'N Seal Extreme Conditions, Clear.

Good stuff. I have used it to repair plastic refrigerator drawers, a chipped double glazed window I did not want to re-glaze. I'm going to keep some around for those times when Gorilla Glue, cyanoacrylate, and Elmer's won't do it. I am very impressed with how well it sticks to plastic.

/ Good Glue
Is it silicon? I just looked on Amazonie which didn't say. What is the cured product like?
Not silicone as far as I can tell. The cured product is smooth and hard. The refrigerator vegetable crisper fix was a butt weld and seems strong enough to hold together as I slide a loaded drawer in and out. Locktite says it's some new formula. I haven't tried painting it. I think it's flexible enough that you could trim it with a razor blade.

Last edited:
   / Good Glue #6  
Loctite Stick'N Seal Extreme Conditions, Clear.

Good stuff. I have used it to repair plastic refrigerator drawers, a chipped double glazed window I did not want to re-glaze. I'm going to keep some around for those times when Gorilla Glue, cyanoacrylate, and Elmer's won't do it. I am very impressed with how well it sticks to plastic.
Thanks for the tip! It's sure pricey. But I've ordered some, so I hope it's really good. I get tired of paying for glue that's so much cheaper but doesn't hold :mad: What's that saying "You get what you paid for"?

/ Good Glue #7  
I ordered some just to check it out. :) Please note, there are many different types of plastic and some are good for glues, like models are made from, plus PVC, ABS and others. But some like HDPE for example do not take to gluing well.

/ Good Glue
I ordered some just to check it out. :) Please note, there are many different types of plastic and some are good for glues, like models are made from, plus PVC, ABS and others. But some like HDPE for example do not take to gluing well.
If you check the technical data sheet, you find:

 Not recommended for polyethylene, polypropylene, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)/ Teflon® or metal-to-metal (one surface should be porous) or rubber
 Not suitable for applications with prolonged water immersion
 Not suitable for use on aquariums or potable water systems
 Not recommended for applications requiring service temperatures below -58°F (-50°C) and above 248°F (120°C)
 Not recommended for application requiring solvent resistance
 Not suitable for use in archival applications

A broken plastic refrigerator drawer seems to have been porous enough. The broken surface is rough.

Last edited: